X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you still don't believe in licensing

Bring in the new year... Here's a collection of your all time favorites from all over the web and conclusive proof as to the need for licensed plumbers.

Happy new year all

Click on the URL
    sigpic

Re: So you still don't believe in licensing

Nothing ever works for me the first time.

http://s546.photobucket.com/albums/hh420/nhmaster3015/
    sigpic

Comment

Im not licensed but I wouldnt do 99% of that stuff... I have seen licensed people do worse though.

Comment

Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
        Im not licensed but I wouldnt do 99% of that stuff... I have seen licensed people do worse though.

Of course you have.
        sigpic

Comment

There are many gems in that photo album but this one is my favorite

It has it all going on. Saddle tapped waste, duct taped joints, Ferncos galore, and the sant tee facing down was the icing on the cake

Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Suitable for frameing
            sigpic

Comment

Typical response. But I have too.

Comment

It depends on weather you served your apprenticeship and journeymanship, under a master plumber or a master butcher. I know some fine licensed plumbers and some fine unlicensed plumbers. Persons not knowing how to do something can be taught. Persons who knows and don't give a **** are the real dangerous ones. All work should be inspected period no exceptions. If it don"t pass keep trying till you get it right. The inspectors know who they have to watch closely, the same ones that try to cut corners on every job. Licensing is one way of proving that you passed a test and know what you are doing and that you are insured. Make the fine about $15,000.00 for not pulling a permit and getting it inspected for the first offense and 50 grand for the next time. A $5000.00 reward for the rat upon conviction. That would eliminate 98% of the hacks, butchers, handymen, etc. But the whining liberal mf's would never pass something like this it seems like any one with a hack saw and a can of glue is a plumber. That job picture posted in the first post that person should be caned in public.
                WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

What the F G and A is that all about!??!?!??!
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Methinks the snow rants are beginning to set in.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I am certain that on the other side of the basement you will find flexible duct arranged in multiple crazy S configurations and collared together by stuffing one flex inside the other flex with liberal application of duct tape as well as shipping tape.

spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Probably more than half of those were done with the help of Home Depot, and the uncle or neighbor that knew what they were doing. I gotta agree with you on the licensing. Contrary to the other posts, I have seen a lot of hack work that looks like what is found in your pictures, but I have never seen anyone with a license do work like in your pictures. Sometimes things are regulated for a reason.
                        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Good post devine. I know you have taken a lot of heat for being unlicensed, but you have been at least very honest about it. Look forward to meeting you at the roundup.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Chauncey View Post
                            It depends on weather you served your apprenticeship and journeymanship, under a master plumber or a master butcher. I know some fine licensed plumbers and some fine unlicensed plumbers. Persons not knowing how to do something can be taught. Persons who knows and don't give a **** are the real dangerous ones. All work should be inspected period no exceptions. If it don"t pass keep trying till you get it right. The inspectors know who they have to watch closely, the same ones that try to cut corners on every job. Licensing is one way of proving that you passed a test and know what you are doing and that you are insured. Make the fine about $15,000.00 for not pulling a permit and getting it inspected for the first offense and 50 grand for the next time. A $5000.00 reward for the rat upon conviction. That would eliminate 98% of the hacks, butchers, handymen, etc. But the whining liberal mf's would never pass something like this it seems like any one with a hack saw and a can of glue is a plumber. That job picture posted in the first post that person should be caned in public.
                            I think you are 100% right, but on the other hand in most cases who are they hurting. If I were to do work like that in my own house I am going to have problems and I am going to cause damamge to my house. Who is the government to tell me that I cant **** up my own house. Now, if the job is done for a customer I can see this being an issue. I do think that if someone wants to have an unlicensed person do work they should be allowed. (ie a family member or friend) I guess this is why in some areas the home owner can pull permits on their own property.

Comment

If I were to do work like that in my own house I am going to have problems and I am going to cause damamge to my house. Who is the government to tell me that I cant **** up my own house.
                              The problem is, when you sell the house and the new homeowners get stuck with the code violations. The private home inspectors that I have seen rarely catch plumbing problems, because most of them don't know squat about plumbing codes. I see it all the time. I walk into to a customer's house and see atrocious code-violations. "But we had an inspection, and they didn't tell us about this."
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X