I think you are on to it!
    Mike

It's the toilet bidet seat I swear!

It gives me special powers!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: When the inspection system fails.

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
      Bah, probably comes up beside a joist and the hack who installed it was too lazy to header it off. Or it's installed next to a truss and it was either a 9 inch rough in, or make it a 16 inch rough in. either way ending up being crap.
      9" rough-in!! There is no such thing as a 9" rough-in or 16" rough-in. Only 10,12, and 14. I have started going to 13" rough-in from stud wall. Because some of the newer toilets, the bowls being longer hit the shoe mold or 1/4 round on the floor.

Comment

ToUtahNow
        I was an inspector(in another state). Attics and crawl spaces where not impediments to my inspections. Plumbers(not owners)first hand reputations where a bonus in difficult situations.
        In the state I inspected in I was required to have a minimum of a journeyman's license and five year experience(plus continuing ED)...MIMIMUM!
        So no pencil pushers , just plumbers.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
          9" rough-in!! There is no such thing as a 9" rough-in or 16" rough-in. Only 10,12, and 14. I have started going to 13" rough-in from stud wall. Because some of the newer toilets, the bowls being longer hit the shoe mold or 1/4 round on the floor.
          you misinterpret, I'm referring to a flange "incorrectly" roughed in at 9 or 16 because a truss falls in an inconvienient place, not a purchasable product.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
            ToUtahNow
            I was an inspector(in another state). Attics and crawl spaces where not impediments to my inspections. Plumbers(not owners)first hand reputations where a bonus in difficult situations.
            In the state I inspected in I was required to have a minimum of a journeyman's license and five year experience(plus continuing ED)...MIMIMUM!
            So no pencil pushers , just plumbers.
            Mike
            You would be the exception to the rule in the States I work in. We have combined inspectors for residential out here. Because of the work I do I have inspector certificates with IAMPO, ICC and ICBO. When I have to sit for a test with a room full of inspectors I am in an out in 15 minutes than wait 4-hours for the second half of the test. Some of the inspectors use the entire 3-hours and still don't finish.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Plumbertim1975
              Feast your eyes on this http://www.duravit.co.uk/products/se...seo6q3rqe.html
              Mike

Comment

Mark
                I didn't find myself to be an exception in that state. I'm no plumbing Einstein, but I'm competent.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                  Dunbar
                  I think you are on to it!
                  Mike
                  Good observation! I agree. Generally when one aspect is off,every thing needs a close look
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

So is it roughed in wrong or not?

(Just got back from pulling a pump)

J.C.

Comment

JC
                      No toilet information... no resolution!
                      Mike

Comment

I haven't read all of the other posts but I believe you can a 10" W/C in there without much problem.

Something else clogged & caused the leak. That's why it happened much later rather than in the first month.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          1/2" for rock and a 3/4" base (max) is more likely I think, which would be a 10-1/4" rough.

I don't know how the home warranty system works in NC, or if they even have one, but here in NJ it is 10 years on a new home and it doesn't matter how many times its sold. Whoever owns it at the time is covered in that 10 years.
                          same here. 10 years on latent defects/ hidden and 1 year on everyday seen issues. such as a toilet or faucet leaking.

dunbar, toto makes some great toilets that have a subbase that fit 10,12, 14''. the subbase requires bolting to the floor and typical water ruff usually requires 8'' left of c/l.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

an offset closet ring is not legal here/ upc.

an inspector doesn't measure the ruff in's, but he will spot an offset closet ring

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

No offsets where this picture was taken either.

J.C.

Comment

Rick
                                Most JD's require 15" off center for toilets. Why should " and typical water ruff usually requires 8'' left of c/l. " make a difference?
                                Did I miss something?
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X