Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When the inspection system fails.

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    Rick
    Most JD's require 15" off center for toilets. Why should " and typical water ruff usually requires 8'' left of c/l. " make a difference?
    Did I miss something?
    Mike

the toto toilets with the sub base assembly require the 8'' left of center to allow for theangle stop to clear the rear of bowl.

these toilets sit very close to the rear/ baseboard. the horn of the toilet fits into the rubber flex coupling. a typical 6'' high/ 6'' left of c/l will not clear the toilet.

remember this is just for the high end toto with sub base assmblies. not the typical toilets. the great thing is that you can actually install a hieg end toilet on a 10 or 14'' flange.

rick.

now caroma makes their high end with an adjustable ring that will give you 1'' any direction.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I haven't read all of the other posts but I believe you can a 10" W/C in there without much problem.

Well, that is what I am going to try.

Something else clogged & caused the leak. That's why it happened much later rather than in the first month.

J.C.
      Wrong. The seal was leaking, the clog and the leaking seal was because the bowl was offset on the flange. Look at the pictures, look where the bolts are located. The toilet was approx. one inch or mo re off the center off the flange. I measured the toilet and it appeared to be a10" rough, but I think I could be wrong. I think I can get one to fit.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Basically, it wasn't an inspection or code error after all. It was simply a moron trying to install a 12" rough toilet on a 10" rough flange. At first, I mistakenly thought the bowl was a 10" rough toilet, but it wasn't.
        So I will be installing a 10" rough toilet after repairing the cracked flange.
        Good discussion.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Cram, crush, push, press, squish, squash, wad, wedge

whatever it takes to get the tank on there

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Good observation! I agree. Generally when one aspect is off,every thing needs a close look
            Exactly
            The framer could have easily furred the wall out for the HVAC or whatnot and the closet bend never got moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              Basically, it wasn't an inspection or code error after all. It was simply a moron trying to install a 12" rough toilet on a 10" rough flange. At first, I mistakenly thought the bowl was a 10" rough toilet, but it wasn't.
              So I will be installing a 10" rough toilet after repairing the cracked flange.
              Good discussion.
              Service Guy bulldogs it again 'til he gets some answers.

It was a good discussion. Thanks for the pics & post.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Cram, crush, push, press, squish, squash, wad, wedge

whatever it takes to get the tank on there
                I have SHAPED drywall on more than one occassion.

Matter of fact heres a perfect example of how a toilet rough can mysteriously move.
                I went to set a remodel W/C that backed up to a kitchen.Toilet was at 11".I asked the Owner/General if he furred out the wall.He lied to me and said he knew nothing.Went around to the other side and saw the cut nails in the floor.
                I talked to his laborer.Turns out the granite guy found the plumbing wall out of square while he was measuring for fabrication.

So I gouged out the drywall.

Comment

Working...
                X