Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roof downspout filter

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
    Its too late.... the biggest thing now is LEED certified.... Most major commercial companies wont even build with out a LEED certification, and NYSDEC is nuts with some of the stuff they have us doing to "protect" the eco system and out lakes and rivers.... seriously i could go on for days on this matter. TOWNS unfortunately are still as crooked as can be and my hometown can be bought off real quick on private residences allowing drainage to run wherever they please paving half of their property it is sickening how i can work on them with one job and they bust my b@lls so much about drainage and impervious areas meanwhile my parents neighbor for some reason i dont know (probably waved some hundreds under the building inspector and town engineers nose) gets to rip up all the wood surrounding his house approximately a quarter of an acre of woods, builds retaining walls, trucks in fill for weeks straight keep in mind no silt fence so every time it rained, and it rained a lot this summer my parents have silt all over the driveway and into the garage because it silted up our drainage system and flooded out the yard. That is ok though and they let him pave it and direct it all on to my parents front yard no drainage whatsoever. Same town house across town, they shut myjob down because the contractor didnt put up silt fence before he cut a tree down? hmmm makes you wonder.

wow sorry for the off topic rant, anyway yes plumbing skool ny does know about this is impelementing it and also "green roofs for commercial to filter the rainwater... yes rain water before it drains onto the parking lots and into the drainage system and yes into another filter before it leaves the property....
    I hold a MN Dept. of Health Lead Supervisor License, and I was thinking about the lead being in shingles or other materials on the roof too (maybe), but I stopped thinking about it, as soon as I saw nothing about lead or hepa on the filter box. The filter would have to be hepa approved, now with the volume of water coming down the spout, if it was a hepa approved filter, it'll back up so fast and prove that the system doesn't work.

This is stupid, bogus, ridiculous, dumb and all the other words I never mentioned. Its as useful as the pet rock, as I said earlier.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

The web site states it has a high flow by-pass, which would defeat its purpose, because heavy rains would be more likely to move oils and such from the roofing materials than light rains would. If that thing traps oils and greases, it will be clogged up all of the time. Interesting.

Comment

If the County is soo concerned about our health and welfare, PUT THE FILTER INSIDE THE BUILDING
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, we also have the same type of filters inside the newer buildings protecting the rain water sump pits. they basically filter out debris before the sump basin.

what amazes me is the fact that it then ends up on the public street and mixes with all the trash and oil already on the street and gutters.

why not just filter the run off at the point of disposal to the ocean. this way it will catch 99% of everyones stuff. same way we do sewers.

right now the way it works, doesn't work

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Re: GREASE PIT TUMMY filter

Rick, I was referring to the grease the customers consume in this so called restaurant .

That's the real threat ! How many folks have clogged artery's from roof run off?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: GREASE PIT TUMMY filter

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Rick, I was referring to the grease the customers consume in this so called restaurant .

That's the real threat ! How many folks have clogged artery's from roof run off?
              Not for much longer, that grease has real value now:

Transform Waste Vegetable Oil Into Electricity For Your Restaurant
              The Vegawatt™ power system turns your waste vegetable oil and grease into electricity and hot water for your restaurant.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
              X