C-10 cable pins.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-10 cable pins.

I have a few c-10 cables that the spring loaded pin has gotten stuck and won't pop back out. I really hate tossing things like that....I'm pretty sure it is sand that has them stuck. any of you guys ever had luck with getting a pin to pop back out.....I was wondering if you could buy the cable end, cut off the bad end and weld a new one one yourself. just a thought.

Anyone?
    sigpic

Re: C-10 cable pins.

i thought you can

i try to keep mine oiled to prevent this from happening.

i just can't seem to find the replacement part # you're looking for.

i've had this happen on the 5/8'' cable before. never the 7/8''.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Spray the ends with w-d-40,or pb blaster several times while depressing the button and releasing.Aslo take a pair of channel lock pliers and sharpely rap the side of the connector, this should cause the spring loaded button to operate again.
      Kenneth Collier
      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
      Jackson, MS 39206
      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i thought you can

i try to keep mine oiled to prevent this from happening.

i just can't seem to find the replacement part # you're looking for.

i've had this happen on the 5/8'' cable before. never the 7/8''.

rick.

Ah, so you're sayin there may be a replacement for them

Think I'll check around the web a bit, thanks..
        Last edited by Flowofmoney; 01-10-2009, 01:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
          Spray the ends with w-d-40,or pb blaster several times while depressing the button and releasing.Aslo take a pair of channel lock pliers and sharpely rap the side of the connector, this should cause the spring loaded button to operate again.
          Ken, these suckers are really bad....I've soaked them in oil all night, with no results so far....

I'm juust bad about keeping things.
          sigpic

Comment

You can sometimes blow out the debris with compressed air.

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
              that's what i do. i have 3 cables over 2 years old and they are sticking pretty bad. they may be in line for retirement.

my cables get rode hard and put away wet sometimes. i personally would replace than repairing. it's not worth the worry about a broken cable to me. YMMV

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                that's what i do. i have 3 cables over 2 years old and they are sticking pretty bad. they may be in line for retirement.

my cables get rode hard and put away wet sometimes. i personally would replace than repairing. it's not worth the worry about a broken cable to me. YMMV

steve
                Yeah, I've been replacing them as they get this way, but wouldn't mind getting them going again as backups....besides, I'm cheap like that.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X