X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustable wrenches..

when will ridgid come out with adjustable wrenches and pliers, in carded blister packaging???

NOT sure on that one. you might try husky? or craftsman? they both have a lifetime warranty and believe it or not it would appear that they are made under different names by the same company. they all carry a lifetime warranty so you can not go wrong. ridgid appears to make hand tools for sears as well (or vice versa)....check out the robogrips.

you might comsider looking at channellock product, also a lifetime warranty and usually a few bucks cheaper.

they too make tools under different names, for example, most matco pliers and channellocks are made by channellock.

most of my pliers are channellock, as are my crescent wrenches. i have a few klein items for my electrical work but these are specialty items made by klein (conduit pliers, BX cable strippers, small snips). same thing with my knipex tools.

if it were me lookin, i would go with channellock, best tool for the money, in fact they are underpeiced in my opinion
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Spaceblue did you notice the date of the post(4-25-02)? I may have been dreaming but I am pretty sure I saw a blister pack of three adjustable Ridgid wrenches in Home Depot the other day.

Comment

lol....you got me. no i did not check the date...and seeing as i am pretty well set for hand tools i dont spend any time looking while at the home depot. thanks for setting me straight
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Re: adjustable wrenches..

I bought one at Home Depot this past May. Very nice 8" adjustable wrench. Funny thing is that I think Western Forge in Colorado Springs is beginning to make a lot of Ridgid hand tools and tool components. I know I'll catch hell for saying this but - it appears that a lot of those same tools are re-labled for other brands such as Craftsman, etc. Take a close look at the new tongue & groove pliers, slip-joint pliers, long-nose pliers, and adjustable wrenches that are branded Ridgid. Compare them with Craftsman, with the exception of the grips and color of handles, they all look the same, as if they were made on the same tooling and machining, made by Western Forge. They even all have WF initials on them somewhere.

Comment

Take a look on Rigid's Online Catalog.

They make several extremely nice adjustable wrenches and channel locks. They're mouths are deeper and have a wider mouth span as well.

Some Home Depot's stock these, but very few, I got some of mine from North State Tool.

http://www.northstate.com/

If you have any questions, send him an email, he did a great job of working with me.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Bahco wide jaw adjustable best you can get in my opinion, very tough tool, never slips or marks fitting really is a good adjustable. do a search on ebay.

Comment

channelock is the best

Comment

Working...
                X