K.S. in San Diego Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K.S. in San Diego Q

Is this Cali legal? Handy man install....

Sheilded couplings should be used right?
    Cast tapped tee on the bottom fitting of the stacked tee.

Re: K.S. in San Diego Q

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
    Is this Cali legal? Handy man install....

Sheilded couplings should be used right?
    Cast tapped tee on the bottom fitting of the stacked tee.
    Pretty ugly stuff. The coupling needs to be shielded, if the tees are 2" X 1 1/2" tapped San-Tees they are legal and last but not least the dishwasher needs an air gap.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not to mention that something may be wet vented.

Comment

Is there 2 trap arms & traps for 1 double basin sink? If so thats a no no too. Should be a 2 part waste.

Comment

UPC 908 allows for vertical wet venting as long as the lower tee is a minimum of 2". While a two part waste would make more sense two separate traps on two separate trap arms is legal. If there was two traps on one trap arm it would be illegal.

Mark

Comment

Lower tee does not look like 2". But check out the supply lines, the rust spots are indicators that possibly some stored items under the sink such as 409 or fantastic could be giving off some vapors that will eat away at the stainless braiding and allow the internal rubber tubing to push past the braiding and burst. It's time for some new supply lines.

Comment

It's the wet vented section that needs to be (and is) 2", both trap arms can be 1.5". Good catch on the wet venting vs. double trap Mark.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                Lower tee does not look like 2". But check out the supply lines, the rust spots are indicators that possibly some stored items under the sink such as 409 or fantastic could be giving off some vapors that will eat away at the stainless braiding and allow the internal rubber tubing to push past the braiding and burst. It's time for some new supply lines.
                You're right if that is unreinforced polymer tubing in those supply lines and the SS braiding got a little corrosive cleaner on them, the owner could be in for a bit of a flood.

Mark

Comment

Most inspectors are inflexible on the air gap, so they would fail you outright on that, then nit pick the rest when they came back!

Comment

So here is a view of that L side waste and the rest of that dw drain going straight on down without an air gap.
                    SO....then in this part of the planet this h.o. needs to figure out a new hole in the sink for an air gap!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post

SO....then in this part of the planet this h.o. needs to figure out a new hole in the sink for an air gap!
                      Si, Senor!

Comment

Working...
                      X