Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arctic Blast...get ready for frozen pipes!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arctic Blast...get ready for frozen pipes!

I thought pipe thawers could cause their own problems? Like when used on older galvy pipe it would knock all the rust loose and come together in the pipes perhaps making a repipe needed. I guess it means more work but man the look on some guys face crying they where just frozen now I need a repipe!
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Sorry Guys, 70 all week in the Bay area
      OH Yeah..Well..Well... we get to go sledding. So..So whatcha think of that mister!!!
      Oh wait, I just remembered sledding is not SOOOOOO much fun it's worth all this friggin' cold.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

-9 right now and with the wind chill it is about -35 outside. Get to install a commercial dishwasher and grease trap today. Stay warm.

Comment

It was -15 air temp in Mpls when I * left* to fly to San Diego.
          Got to kayak, under the aircraft carrier Midway yesterday!Brrrrrr it was
          all of 76 degrees.......There is a hot shot frozen in my work truck at the house!
          How do you guys like to deal with frozen drains?
          I use a small hose I hook to the faucet.

Comment

We are at 6 right now and I have to go jet a sewer berrrrrrrrr
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Not much BLAST here in the Jungle of Florida.
              sigpic

Comment

We're at 32 today, and maybe 40 tomorrow. No Arctic freeze here at the moment, though that could change.

As to all that rust in the pipes - it's more likely from the pipe expanding when it freezes. The damage is already done. I cleaned out a trailer like that in December. Stuff was plugging everything.

Comment

They're expecting it go down to the twenties in the new orleans region over the next two nights.

Unusual.

Cold this winter, we had our first snow in three years for two hours in december.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I charge extra for thawing pipes, all I want to do is weld

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
                      I charge extra for thawing pipes, all I want to do is weld
                      Hey you should know this......and I "should" know this,

but isn't one of those expensive thawing machines just a welder setup set at 5 amps or less?
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Hey Tozz , You'll relate to this story. My old welder mentor,now 80. In the 50s bought a new
                        Hobart gas welder. Remember the round Amp. wheel! Brand new with FULL payment book.
                        1st job in the winter,thawing pipes. Didn't know about the machines duty cycle,cooked it!
                        Bought a junker to survive,made every payment on the new boat mooring!
                        Life is tough! Tool
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

expecting -8 tomorrow morning. Hey Vince. Hows the weather up there?

And to think, I left Florida for this crap. Global warming my you know what Al Gore
                          sigpic

Comment

Set a new all time record low in our area yesterday morning, 29 below, windchill 51 below.
                            Today is much better, 27 below I think we have a warming trend.

Got a call from someone with broken english, all I was able to get was address and that they had a problem with their bathroom.
                            This is an area that flooded last summer, house is being redone. New furnace is installed and running, bathroom is completed, the rest of the house still needs texture, paint, flooring, cabinets.

Turns out to be no water to the shower. Valve is on exterior wall and has about a 6' pipe run under the floor in a 1' tall, unheated crawl space.
                            No one living there yet so I turned the water off and drained down the system, told them they should of installed differently and they should change now or this will continue to occur. It was definitly a DIY I will attempt to attach some pics.

Notice the mounting screws on the shower trim.....

and nice way to secure the T & P line to the heater.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Please tell me that the toilet shut off turns towards the toilet.

Comment

I never though about using talons to secure PVC to a Water Heater.... Thank you I learned something today

Comment

Working...
                                X