Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arctic Blast...get ready for frozen pipes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic Blast...get ready for frozen pipes!

Super cold weather coming to my area. I am expecting all the usual frozen pipe calls. Problem is, most of them here come from people with no money who live in poorly insulated trailers. If it gets crazy, I'll be getting a credit card number before I even go out.
    I HATE unfreezing pipes underneath nasty trailers. Maybe I'll just turn the phone off and leave the work to other plumbers while I sit by the fire..
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Arctic Blast...get ready for frozen pipes!

we're just finishing up with a 4 day blizzard.

just think SG, we already warmed it up a little for you.

Vince

Comment

it's 03 here now and suppose to drop tonight.
      I have a love/hate relationship with the cold.
      love the $$$$ but HATE the cold.

On days I expect to get some freeze up jobs and they never come, deep down inside I'm kind of happy about it. Then I go to make a house payment.

Just did a frozen 8" water main the other day and the frost is already 2 1/2' deep.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

ITS going to hit us tomorrow its 55 here today...

I hope people remember the last freeze we had a few weeks ago..

I take care of my regular customers ....the rest are on there own

Comment

I know its bad when my chickens stop laying eggs!

negative something right now. I rarely go on frozen pipe calls...unless its the only bathroom!

Comment

Man I love being from Fort Lauderdale it was 77 today and sunny and will stay that way till April. Sorry to make you jealous.
            You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

any of you guys have thawing machines? If so which kind I have an "icebreaker" I picked up at a yard sale guy had no clue what it was and sold it to me for $50 thing was almost brand new!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                any of you guys have thawing machines? If so which kind I have an "icebreaker" I picked up at a yard sale guy had no clue what it was and sold it to me for $50 thing was almost brand new!

Nice find!
                What do those go for? I'm guesing $500 or so
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

THE ICEBREAKER 350

http://www.pipethaw.com/

ICEBREAKER 350 (SUPERLITE) – 115VIcebreaker 350 – without Output Cables IB350 $730.00

ICEBREAKER 450 (SUPERHOT) – 115V Icebreaker 450 – without Output Cables IB450 $1360.00

ICEBREAKER 480 (INDUSTRIAL) – 115V ICEBREAKER 480 – without Output Cables IB480 $4615.00

No matter which one you got Wrench Spinner, looks like you got a deal for sure.
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I have used one in the past. "Hot shot" Worked pretty good inside, but more often then not couldn't get contact underground.
                    Most frozen water here is in trailers or well lines and so many new homes using pex or have repairs with pex. I don't plan to buy one but if I saw one for $50....
                    Last edited by Gene Bickford; 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I just looked it up, it is a General Hot Shot 400 they run about 700 new, so yeah it was a steal!

Comment

nice, I will give you a $100

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                        I have used one in the past. "Hot shot" Worked pretty good inside, but more often then not couldn't get contact underground.
                        Most frozen water here is in trailers or well lines and so many new homes using pex or have repairs with pex. I don't plan to buy one but if I saw one for $50....
                        I have used the hot shot for years, good tool you just have to be careful

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                          I have used the hot shot for years, good tool you just have to be careful

Agreed I never new that Berber carpet melts so fast!

Comment

Sorry Guys, 70 all week in the Bay area
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Agreed I never new that Berber carpet melts so fast!
                              Sooo...If you burn the house down, technically you have thawed the pipes, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X