Very bad tankless install!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very bad tankless install!!!

Got a call today that a Rinnai tankless needed flushed out. I said, OK be there later today. Got there to find out this was an outdoor unit installed in a sellar (crawlspace). When I opened the door to go in I almost fell out I had just enough room I could almost stand up. I'm only 5' 4" short.
    So here are some pics. Notice what the gas line is ran in. I am waiting for this customer to call me back to tell her this needs to be corrected.
    the rest of the plumbing is terrible also.
    Last edited by plumbertim1975; 02-23-2009, 09:48 PM.

Re: Very bad tankless install!!!

Comment

See? plumbing is easy

Comment

Are you freakin kidding me right now?!?!?!?!?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen!!

This is the hackery that gives good plumbers a bad name. Was this installed by a handyman or homeowner?
        www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Nice find. Glad you took pics.

Comment

If you told me, I wouldn't have believed you

I'm looking at the pics and I STILL don't believe it

Comment

In this case I would press to find out who installed it & call the local & state inspections.

This could VERY easily have turned into multiple counts of involuntary manslaughter with the right circumstances & attorney.

J.C.

Comment

To paraphrase Billy Crystal: "Looks marvelous, simply marvelous."
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Now I am sorry I didn't take a picture of the hot water heating boiler I saw that had pex for the distribution piping. The people wanted to know why their radiators weren't putting out enough heat.

Comment

I'd really appreciate it if you'd STOP posting pics of my work.

The homeowner wanted a post-modern-neo-sloppism-Any Warhol look so I accomodated him.

Geesh.

Comment

Holy crap! I thought the work in my town was scary. I hope you turned the gas off to the unit before you left.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                        Are you freakin kidding me right now?!?!?!?!?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen!!

This is the hackery that gives good plumbers a bad name. Was this installed by a handyman or homeowner?
                        Home owners son in law/ex contractor that thinks he knows plumbing.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          In this case I would press to find out who installed it & call the local & state inspections.

This could VERY easily have turned into multiple counts of involuntary manslaughter with the right circumstances & attorney.

J.C.
                          1. I know who did it.
                          2. He is no longer in businness and being sued for embeselment.
                          3. Hate to say it but we used to be good freinds.
                          4. No inspection, because work was done in the county. We do not have inspectors for the county, only the city limits. I thought about sending these pics to our county supervisors so maybe they can see what goes on when there are no reglations in the county.

Comment

Report them to the attorneys involved in the embezzlement too.

I was being completely serious.

Carbon Monoxide entering the home for one. But even more dangerous-How long before that PEX gas line leaks. Then the unit fires and KABOOM! It would happen too. That unit is NOT FVIR sealed and gas could easily contact the burner flame.

Someone would have gotten killed. Owners, there family members, friends, even fireman. You finding it was the luckiest thing that could have happened to them. You should save that picture forever to show people why they should hire you & pay more for someone that knows what they're doing.

J.C.

Comment

Whomever installed that equipment, Here's your sign:
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X