Clear All

• Alive and kicking...azz

Been awol for at least two months now.

Edited version:

Busy in September.
    VERY busy in October.
    Even busier in November.
    and, yes, still busy now.

Um...isn't this the next great depression?
    Aren't we all s'posed to be waiting in line at soup kitchens?

I think I have it pegged:

Joe homeowner looks at his 401K and removes whats left of his money after the world of Madoff and hedge fund liquidators have plundered his life savings via market manipulation while the SEC turns a blind eye in the name of providing for their rich clientelle..
    Money sits in a bank for a month, Joe isn't happy seeing it do nothing.

It occurs to Joe that he can't sell his home because he wouldn't get enough back to recover the cost of his mortgage.
    Joe makes the decision to invest the 401K money into the one sure investemnt he has....his home.

I'm getting work for jobs that homeowners have been putting off for years, so are a few self employed trade friends of mine.

My take...we're going to be OK, the unemployment numbers are based on unemployment claims, which is good generally for up to a year (more after recent changes in legislation?)

At the fall of big business, I think we're about to learn just how massively this economy has underestimated the smaller businesses that will jump in place to move up the food chain.

Mr Obama has actually impressed that crap outta me so far...get that Carl?

So far it looks like yer man has it goin' on...lets see if he has the smarts to have the right people around him to make the right decisions.

I still think McCain had more experience, but so far I am hopeful over the fact that we may actually have a president who might not start a war that kills hundreds of thousands to afford his buddy vice prez a huge contract for his former company (Haliburton mr Cheney?).

Anyway, hi guys...thank you Bill for the PM, Josh...was a pleasure to finally talk to you in person this week.

And to those who know what I'm talking about...she's doing pretty good.

Re: Alive and kicking...azz

Thanks Duck,
    Glad to see this is happening for you.It is very heartwarming.
    Congratulations my friend.

Comment

Awesome.... Great to hear it and good to see u back!

Comment

Missed you buddy.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Nice to hear from my brother the Norwegian again! Yeah, I'm still here pretending to be a real plumber, but I learn something new every week cuz I know the Duck would want me to!
          spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Nice to have you back among us Duck, and happy to hear you are keeping busy.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                At the fall of big business, I think we're about to learn just how massively this economy has underestimated the smaller businesses that will jump in place to move up the food chain.

Mr Obama has actually impressed that crap outta me so far...get that Carl?

So far it looks like yer man has it goin' on...lets see if he has the smarts to have the right people around him to make the right decisions.

I am with you dude. I am working around the clock, and providing plenty for my family. Let all the big bankers on wallstreet cry, I am busier than ever and making more money than ever in my life. Recession? Not for service plumbing.
                Obama will do us good. Only a few more days till he takes over. Thank goodness the Bush era is finally coming to a close.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

great to see you back Duck!

Comment

Red Sox suck.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks Duck. You knew what I was going to ask
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post

I am busier than ever and making more money than ever in my life. Recession? Not for service plumbing.
                        I gotta agree with you. My kids are beginning to wonder if I moved out. For now we have been super busy. I keep on waiting for it to slow down, but the phone keeps ringing.
                        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                        X