Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a great catch this week & a word of thanks!

Dirty Hands asked me to report on my success with my latest plumber talent search. I am thrilled to report that I found a great catch! 5 years new construction & five years service plumbing, super knowledgeable and a great communicator. Today was his first day and sometimes you just know when you found a real asset!

This is the break I have been looking for and with talent like that it won't take long to start building a strong base!

Thanks for all of your advice and support. I could not have gotten this far without this forum!
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Found a great catch this week & a word of thanks!

How did you find him? Newspaper?, headhunter?, internet?, networking?

Comment

This is the break I have been looking for and with talent like that it won't take long to start building a strong base!
      This is good news and it sounds like you have the makings of a excellent employee. Just don't forget that that talent can take him elsewhere if he doesn't feel like he is getting a fair shake, so treat him (and compensate him) right.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Congratulations.
        Weren't you using Craigslist.If so how did you keep/filter the Goofballs from wasting your time?

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
          Dirty Hands asked me to report on my success with my latest plumber talent search. I am thrilled to report that I found a great catch! 5 years new construction & five years service plumbing, super knowledgeable and a great communicator. Today was his first day and sometimes you just know when you found a real asset!

Thanks for all of your advice and support. I could not have gotten this far without this forum!
          I used Craig's List, which is absolutely amazing, because it doesn't cost a dime in my area!

I think I spent something like $5,000 last year on P-HVAC newspaper/online ads

Talk about feeling ripped off!
          spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Congratulations.
            Weren't you using Craigslist.If so how did you keep/filter the Goofballs from wasting your time?
            You know, the goof balls were no worse than any other format that I have tried... probably better, and now that I think of it.... I didn't get a bazillion inquiries from guys just out of prison!

I actually had three real contenders, but my pick came from my toughest competitor, who gave 90 day notice to their employees a couple months ago that they are shutting down operations!
            Lucky break for me, but I do feel for their employees.
            spodelee

Comment

Working...
            X