Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a secret which will surprise you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've got a secret which will surprise you!

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    Here is a guy that doesn't need financing he just needs a truck and people weren't even attempting to make a sale.
    Telling them outright you are buying with cash can be a disadvantage, because then they don't make any money trying to sell you a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      Telling them outright you are buying with cash can be a disadvantage, because then they don't make any money trying to sell you a loan.
      I have found the same thing. The finance managers job is to make money selling loans and add-ons. When you tell them it is "self financed" they don't care to wheel and deal as much. I generally wait to tell them until I am in the finance managers office and the deal is done.

My current truck I signed all of the papers and left the dealer without paying a cent because I was using a Credit Union. A month later the dealer called and asked when I was paying for the truck? I guess the Credit Union was waiting for me to call them and the check was never sent. It only took a five minute call to the Credit Union but I am sure the dealer was getting a little nervous.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

[QUOTE=cpw;202097]Telling them outright you are buying with cash can be a disadvantage, because then they don't make any money trying to sell you a loan.[/QUOTE

One of the dealers told us that they have to get rid of the cars because they are on "loan" from Dodge. And at some point Dodge is going to say you have x amount of cars you owe us X aqmount of money to pay for them and they are going to be in trouble because no dealership can afford to pay it.

All the dealers were sitting on roughly 40 trucks, including the passenger style.
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

with friends like you, how could i keep a secret

the tall roof line is what the advantage is. the diesel engine might be good for longevity, but at 5000 miles a year, it will never pay off. especially with 13 quarts of oil at service time

the little extras are the contractors package that includes a second battery that allows for use of an inverter, 220 amp alternator, a parking sensor that illuminates on your mirrors while in reverse, or top of dash while parking.
          upgraded seats,lighting,instruments, an additional 2 keys with remotes. these unlock either the door or cargo area. the key pops out like a switchblade cargo panels and tie down anchor points with straps.

i have a lot of reading to do. the owners manual/book is a novel

i did figure out how to operate the radio from the steering wheel on the way home. there is another feature that tracks you mileage and running time from each key start. i guess i'll have a lot of reading in the next week. need to set the right time on the clock.

need to figure out the interior layout. i was planning to install a false floor for pipe storage and still maintain a decent head room. the interior height is 76.4'' right now with a door height of 72.4'', rear doors actually swing all the way around to the side body.

anyone interested in a 2000 gmc w-4500 with 51,000 miles 12' walk in box with passenger side utility doors

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Then what would Adam drive???

Congrats on the new ride. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Prize for guessing first/correctly?

J.C.

Comment

FANTASTIC!!!!! I can think of no better teacher for **** then ****! I know they have worked together in the past.... This is great news

I hope it works out for everyone!!!

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                Your kidding me,right?
                You should know me better than that.I didn't even stick out High School because I could not handle someone telling me to do something "Their" way.I don't listen to owners of Multi-Million dollar plumbing companies.They just hand me the plans and cover their eyes and wait for the phone calls from the Whining Know Nothing Project Managers/Superintendants.It's balls out but the owners made a killer profit if they kept out of it.But this was construction.
                Service requires a different mind set.

How long do you think it would take the two of us working together before Mark and Joey would be having to throw buckets of cold water on us.
                We have very different "Styles?".Ricks customers Love his.I'm afraid I would scare em.

Thanks for thinking so highly of me J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Your kidding me,right?
                  You should know me better than that.I didn't even stick out High School because I could not handle someone telling me to do something "Their" way.I don't listen to owners of Multi-Million dollar plumbing companies.They just hand me the plans and cover their eyes and wait for the phone calls from the Whining Know Nothing Project Managers/Superintendants.It's balls out but the owners made a killer profit if they kept out of it.But this was construction.
                  Service requires a different mind set.

How long do you think it would take the two of us working together before Mark and Joey would be having to throw buckets of cold water on us.
                  We have very different "Styles?".Ricks customers Love his.I'm afraid I would scare em.

Thanks for thinking so highly of me J.C.
                  Think it might be a good transition for you. Or maybe just learning to do something new. Hardest thing for any of us to do is push ourselves out of our box.

On your side whatever you do.

Give you $1500.00 for the truck Rick.

Give you $1250.00 if Adam's in the back.

J.C.

Comment

[quote=MrsSeatDown;202102]
                    Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    Telling them outright you are buying with cash can be a disadvantage, because then they don't make any money trying to sell you a loan.[/QUOTE

One of the dealers told us that they have to get rid of the cars because they are on "loan" from Dodge. And at some point Dodge is going to say you have x amount of cars you owe us X aqmount of money to pay for them and they are going to be in trouble because no dealership can afford to pay it.

All the dealers were sitting on roughly 40 trucks, including the passenger style.
                    This is true for every dealer I believe. They have the vehicles on consignment so to speak from the manufacturers. They pay something every month back to Detroit that the vehicle sits on their lot and goes unsold.

I have many times over the years gotten great deals from a neighboring dealer when the one with the truck did not want to come to a meeting of the minds with regard to a price. I would write down the VIN number and go to another dealer and get them to search the local inventory. They would come back with a list of trucks with the options I wanted or close to it.

I would look through the list and find the truck with the VIN number I had been looking to buy elsewhere and tell them "get me this truck". A phone call and an hour or two later and I was making a super deal because they never carried the vehicle on their inventory so they could sell it for a couple hundred over what they got it from the other dealer for.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

:d
                      Attached Files
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                        Adam is waaaay to smart to throw his tool bucket in one of Rick's trucks. Can you imagine enduring an eating contest every day for lunch. The names I was thinking of are not current members of this site.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Eating contest.....

J.C.

Comment

Rick, I would love to see pics once you get the shelves, tools and inventory set up. I know it will be a ton of work, but once its done, please take some pics!
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

GOOD looking truck ..RICK

Does it come with a fold out ladder to reach the pipe rack ?

Comment

When is JCsplumbing going to finally buy a new truck? I imagine your current truck looks something like this.
                                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                                X