Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a secret which will surprise you!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a secret which will surprise you!

At the risk of spoiling someone surprise, a little birdie told me someone on TeamRidgid just purchased a brand new one-ton Sprinter van. It is just less than 10,000 GVW (9,990) so he can sneak past the scales (unless he’s pulling a jetter), it has the elevated roof (76.4”-?) for doing jumping jacks in the back and it has dual rear wheels to increase stability. None of the above comes as much of a surprise to me as I knew he had been shopping for a new Sprinter for a while now. What does come as a surprise to me (and should to you), is while he had assured his much better half he was planning on selling his current truck, he now is considering adding another plumber to his business. I can think of a couple of names which may be candidates but I will leave that a secret for now.

Anyways congratulations on the new truck, you’ve earned it for all of your hard work. I would ask if it makes you smile but I can't really every remember when you weren't already smiling. When you get a chance we need a report and the real pictures of your truck.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-19-2009, 02:20 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: I've got a secret which will surprise you!

Congratulations on the Sprinter.

Are the Sprinters worth the $30,000+ price tag?

What are the advantages of a Sprinter?

I just bought a used 2006 Chevy 2500 express with only 11,000 miles for $15,000 total, including TT&L.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
      Congratulations on the Sprinter.

Are the Sprinters worth the $30,000+ price tag?

What are the advantages of a Sprinter?

I just bought a used 2006 Chevy 2500 express with only 11,000 miles for $15,000 total, including TT&L.
      I'm not sure as I'm not the one who bought a new truck. However, as soon as the member and his lovely wife get back from picking it up I am sure he will post about it. My guess is one of the big advantage is it gets better mileage than his current truck (5-mpg).

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        My guess is one of the big advantage is it gets better mileage than his current truck (5-mpg).

Mark
        Yeah, 5 mpg is horrible, but I wonder if it will be worth it since diesel is a dollar more per gallon. Not to mention the high purchase price.

They're cool looking and you can put your ladder inside. Also, what about a pipe rack? Half lengths in the cargo area?

My friend drives a Sprinter with the Rooter company he works for and pulls a U. S. Jetting 4018 with full tank, no problem. He does not pay attention to gas mileage and cost though since he's an employee.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
          Yeah, 5 mpg is horrible, but I wonder if it will be worth it since diesel is a dollar more per gallon. Not to mention the high purchase price.

They're cool looking and you can put your ladder inside. Also, what about a pipe rack? Half lengths in the cargo area?

My friend drives a Sprinter with the Rooter company he works for and pulls a U. S. Jetting 4018 with full tank, no problem. He does not pay attention to gas mileage and cost though since he's an employee.
          Good point, I asked his wife about the difference in fuel cost as Diesel is 150% of what gas is right now. That's when she pointed out the Sprinter will get 300% the MPG which is still a savings. From personal experience I can tell you my 1984 Ford Diesel just went in for service and the mechanic told my son it was in good shape for just over 100,000 miles. That's when my son told him its got just over 300,000 original miles on it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            What does come as a surprise to me (and should to you), is while he had assured his much better half he was planning on selling his current truck, he now is considering adding another plumber to his business.
            If it is who I think it is, then I am really really really surprised about this last bit.

Comment

We bought two of them last fall replacing an aging Chevy box van and an even older Dodge 1/2 ton. We use one for one of the install vans and the other has been set up for drain and service work. So far both trucks have performed well and the guys seem to like driving them. I suppose they are a bit pricy but not much worse than a cube van. Plus they give you a huge billboard on the sides for advertisement
              sigpic

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase secret plumber.

Comment

Beautiful truck. Sometimes I wish I had the insane cargo-area, high-ceiling, diesel engine, and low platform of the Sprinter. As my GMC 3500 van lacks those three things. But the pricetag scared me off when I was truck shopping this last summer. I look forward to another review.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Now I'm gonna' have to listen to Rick about why this van is the only right choice.

J.C.

Comment

Wowwwww,
                      Another Koing-Ki-Dink
                      I was just at the"WESTCOAST ED" Sprinter Dealer last weekend getting the number for another plumber/friend.Same specs.
                      I wonder if my FRIEND closed a deal on his.I'm sure he would call to tell me.Sounds like Dodge wants to deal these days.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Wowwwww,
                        Another Koing-Ki-Dink
                        I was just at the"WESTCOAST ED" Sprinter Dealer last weekend getting the number for another plumber/friend.Same specs.
                        I wonder if my FRIEND closed a deal on his.I'm sure he would call to tell me.Sounds like Dodge wants to deal these days.
                        Last I read they've got about 30 days WITH whatever prospective bailout moneys.

J.C.

Comment

Wowwwww,
                          Another Koing-Ki-Dink
                          The member did not call me, it was my phone-a-friend and it was late at night from far away.

Mark

Comment

games

Comment

Wowwwww,
                              Another Koing-Ki-Dink
                              Your friend did not want to wake you as it was quite late. We thought we were closing the dealership until they got a call that the paperwork on a car they sold earlier in the day was dated 2008 They had to wait for the guy to come in as he was not happy.

Your dealership told us there were not any cars with the specs we wanted within 250 miles. While I was getting my nails done Rick called to say Huntington Beach had 3. We cancelled our dinner plans and hoppped in the car. I got car sick as I was telling rick that he better not be taking me down there for nothing. That is why you did not get a call on the way there either.

Here is the part that I just don't get. We tried several other dealerships. We told them the specs and said if they produce the vehicle we would write a check. They either didn't call back, said they were no such vehicles out there, or were lazy about making a trade with another dealer. I thought car dealers were desperate for sales. Here is a guy that doesn't need financing he just needs a truck and people weren't even attempting to make a sale.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X