X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39 Cable Stuck in pipe

I ran the cable from my K-39 out to its full length and it got stuck. Reversing does nothing. Nor does pulling.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions before I start cutting pipe to get to it.

Many thanks.

If your using a K39 I hope your weren't running it in anything larger than a 2" line. If you were using your small cable in anything larger you have probably tied the cable up in knots. If you were running it in a standard sink drain then you probably have found a broken pipe/fitting or a nasty rail fitting which could have caused the cable to twist and bind. Either way extracting the cable won't be easy, and chances of breaking it are pretty good. You may have to go through the trouble of opening up walls & etc. to remove the pipe that is holding your cable captive. I know of cable attachments to pull back broken cables but nothing to free a stuck one. Good luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hwf:
    I ran the cable from my K-39 out to its full length and it got stuck. Reversing does nothing. Nor does pulling.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions before I start cutting pipe to get to it.

Many thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

AZ Plumber:
      Thanks for info.
      Regards, hwf

Comment

Working...
      X