X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Easy Water" water softeners?????

I was just curious if anyone has ever installed one of the Easy Water water softeners....do they even work?

Re: "Easy Water" water softeners?????

No I haven't, although I have spoke with them over the phone to which they could not answer my questions, nor would they honor their manufacture warranty unless I bought ten units from them. Their reason was that "they could not control what I would tell the customer it could do."

I was going to try one in my home to test it out and was given the fantastic discount of 50.00 for being a plumber. No thanks.

Here is the thing, you as a plumber cannot prove they work or don't work. Doing hard or acidity water tests will prove nothing. So if you install it and the customer says it doesn't work you can't prove it is. I call it VOODOO water.

Ask yourself why Culligan and Kinetico have not jumped on this great technology.

Here is a link to a great thread where it appears that a Easy Water (Freije) employee responds. http://www.topix.com/forum/indy/T6M0EPOTA7M0KIQVB
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

this is what my company installs http://www.zetarod.com/res_products.html
      I'm still pretty sceptical, but the people who've bought them haven't had any complaints, so I guess time will tell.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I use lancaster, or Blake Equipment's custom softners, that is it I only install what i KNOW works!

Comment

Voodoo water conditioners. Might as well toss some chicken bones and see if they will do the job.

The people and companies that manufacture and market this crap should be indited for fraud.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Voodoo water conditioners. Might as well toss some chicken bones and see if they will do the job.

The people and companies that manufacture and market this crap should be indited for fraud.
            I'm hearing this from a lot of people with more years in the industry than I. The amazing thing is that people keep buying them, now, do they work, just not as well as a traditional softener? or are they just a wonderful Placebo?
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

Is it really any wonder we, as plumbers, don't like systems like easy water?

Of course we don't like them - - they don't require plumbers to install!

Now, having said that, I have seen no data nor can I find any data which compares salt systems with these magnetic systems.

Comment

well I guess the section of pipe that has the wire wrap should have no scale build up - maybe the expense is in wrapping the entire plumbing system.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb-dog-millionaire View Post
                  Is it really any wonder we, as plumbers, don't like systems like easy water?

Of course we don't like them - - they don't require plumbers to install!

Now, having said that, I have seen no data nor can I find any data which compares salt systems with these magnetic systems.
                  I challenge you to prove they work on anything other than uncle Larry's feelings. Molecular agitation, Breaking the Hydrogen Bond? I am getting excited already. BAAAAM!

So, are you a licensed plumber, a engineer with a PE license, or both?
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

does anyone know of a reputable testing agency who has done a pre / post test for these reverse polarity/electromagnetic/bs systems

Comment

Nope and if you try to get them to send you one and tell them you plan on testing it in a lab such as I have, they will not comply.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bdp View Post
                        does anyone know of a reputable testing agency who has done a pre / post test for these reverse polarity/electromagnetic/bs systems

A great resource for water testing supplies, believe it or not, is your local pet store. Go check the fish section for water test kits. You can buy kits to measure Ph, Kh/Gh, TDS..... In Canada I would pay in the ball park of $30.00 for all of the mentioned test kits. The kits are reliable and will yield pretty darn close to the same results as a laboratory.

Personally I don't think magnets/electromagnets are going to soften water. Unless there has been some unbelievable breakthrough in mechanical/chemical engineering that I haven't heard about.... There is a lot of chemistry acting behind the scenes when you use a traditional zeolite softener. If you take a look at the chemistry you'll understand why I would be skeptical about magnets doing the same job.

On the other hand a magnet-softener-deal might temporarily reduce the TDS at the tap... That is until it fills up and is rendered ENTIERLY useless

Best,
                        Joe

Comment

Water Management Technologies

Water Management Technologies can custom applications to meet almost any requirement like softening of water etc

Comment

As an active amateur Radio operator...ka7gkn....
                            I wonder about these things generating RFI radio frequency interference?
                            It runs on 120VAC but I suspect they have some sort of circuit inside the "magic box"
                            that either converts it to DC voltage or maybe AC at a higher frequency. Even at 120VAC it can cause all sorts of AC line noise.

By the way plasma TVs are terrible noise generators....look at only LCD or the newer LED type big screen TVs. Also plasma TVs use a lot of electricity!!!!

I have written the companies selling these types of softeners asking for FCC type acceptance information and electronic specifications. I also asked for a schematic as the operating/owner's manuals have nothing!

So far no response. I think I'll stick with my dependable, quiet, salt type water softener.

Cactus Man

Comment

I don't want to feed the trolls by mentioning it by name, but FWIW the only one I've looked at in depth claimed to have an operating of 120 - 140 kHz. I saw no mention of a FCC certification for ther residential model.

-Sam
                              Last edited by sjsmithjr; 10-22-2009, 03:34 PM. Reason: added signature
                              -Sam
                              It's easy if you don't know what you're doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X