• Show
Clear All

Re: dry fire sprinkler

Just for anyone interested.

http://www.uponor-usa.com/Misc/Appli...eneral-FS.aspx

J.C.

Comment

Ive worked in 1 house that had a sprinkler system in it. The homeowner was also a sprinkler system company owner. It had the orange pipe. I didnt pay attention, but if you guys say its CPVC I'll believe you. I do remember it having its own 2" water service from the street.

Theres a dry system at my shop. It functions as Bob mentioned with an air compressor to keep 70 or so pounds of air on the top side of the clappers. If a head opens up the air pressure will drop, and the water pressure will overcome the clappers filling the system and sending water to the open head. Theres 6 of these clapper valves with 6" lines supplying each one. Its an impressive system that serves a total of 140,000 square feet.

Andy

Comment

Well there is not much that is not flamable if you get it hot enough!!

The flash point is around 200* F and is very stable. It is used for de-icing planes, making smoke, and used extensively in food and cosmetics.

Okie I think somebody fed youa line of crap. Just my opinion.

G3

Comment

What kind of a place do you work at Andy?

G3

looky here for the orange pipe
          http://www.blazemaster.com/default.asp
          Last edited by G3sprinklers; 01-25-2009, 08:42 PM. Reason: added cpvc pipe link

Comment

What's the flashpoint of water?

Think before you answer....

J.C.

Comment

[quote=G3sprinklers;203974]Well there is not much that is not flamable if you get it hot enough!![/quote]

Just like I said

G3

Comment

[quote=G3sprinklers;203980]
                Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                Well there is not much that is not flamable if you get it hot enough!![/quote]

Just like I said

G3
                ?????? Lighten' up G3.

J.C.

Comment

Sorry, been a long day and still going.

G3

Comment

I agree the Air Force made a bad choice on that one... That was about 8 years ago when PGlycol was not as well known.

The residental sprinklers are comming, as always it will be a mess as the states and codes try to sort it all out

Comment

Re: Dry system or not, you need the correct backflow device

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                      brass sprinkler heads, in a pex line, no part of that is non-potable. Were I to use the rv antifreeze, then yes, an rpz.

This line, is it dedicated? Meaning, serves one purpose and one purpose only.

Meaning, a tee...or are you catching this off a run that serves other fixtures.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

in this instance, If I install it, it'll likely end up a wet system, just to avoid the having to install a compressor, and i'll likely make it a pressure loop, with no other fixtures on it.
                        if the concern is a line where the water is never flushed out, it's no different than that upstairs hall bath in many mcmansions after the kids move out.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                          if the concern is a line where the water is never flushed out, it's no different than that upstairs hall bath in many mcmansions after the kids move out.
                          also, don't take statements like that from me as being standoffish, I read this forum because I learn a lot, and I should have phrased that more as a question.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                          X