X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pain reliever is best for?

Which pain reliever is best for installing a customer supplied Bosch tankless water heater he bought off the internet? Tomorrow should be fun.

The only thing I am praying for is that he didn't buy a reconditioned one, yes they sell them.

http://www.cpotanklesswaterheaters.com/?ref=bhwrecon
    Last edited by Tyman; 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Which pain reliever is best for?

They're green and white, made of paper and have a picture of Benjamin Franklin on them. Try to take one or preferrably two every hour to help alleviate the pain.

Comment

OMG!

Is there any way you can set up a webcam for this? I'll take off work tommorrow just to catch this priceless event

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        OMG!

Is there any way you can set up a webcam for this? I'll take off work tommorrow just to catch this priceless event
        That's good!

I bringing my THISISGOINGTOSUCK kit. Which consists of a couple candy bars, Advil liquid gels, a copy of my mortgage bill, and a picture of a unicorn.

Did I mention he ordered the vent off the net also and he thinks he might be short. I'm just hoping it got kicked 100 times before it got to his door. I love bent vent.

Comment

Jack with a beer back
          sigpic

Comment

Ty, waiting patiently for an update.....

How many parts were missing from the opened box?

Have you invented any new curse words yet?

Did he purchase the right vent pipe for the heater?

Did he try to help you do the install?

You know, if you don't throw a plastic bag over his head and suffocate him he's just going to keep calling you every time it stops working.

Comment

It's only almost seven, he's not even home yet, still beating that vent together..................and it's still too short.

G3

Comment

I'm back!

So here's the scoop. It's a reconditioned unit. Oh ya, I said reconditioned. Big ol, CPO right on the paper work.

It's been sitting in his garage for 8 months, and he doesn't have the box because the last plumber opened it up and refused to put it in. Plumber #2 hasn't returned his calls, so enters the TYMAN.

The venting is just a outside vent kit, I'm short vent.

Gas line, what gas line, their is none. I have to run 35' of gas line in a crawl space.

I'm wooped right now and I smell like kerosene and I still need to peruse the 55 page manual.
                Last edited by Tyman; 01-28-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

The energy savings will be great!

Comment

Does anyone know the words to the Kenny Rogers song about the card player? It goes something like" you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to stay".

The song also applies to the plumbing business!!
                    Cut your losses and walk away.

Comment

I bringing my THISISGOINGTOSUCK kit. Which consists of a couple candy bars, Advil liquid gels, a copy of my mortgage bill, and a picture of a unicorn.

Dude,
                      I laughed so hard I had a shart. I was waiting to dooky because my kids just showered and I wanted to wait for the w.h. to heat back up, and I figured I would do all my bathroom business at once. I read this and laughed too hard and kinda had an "accident." I am still laughing just reading that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post

Dude,
                        I laughed so hard I had a shart. I was waiting to dooky because my kids just showered and I wanted to wait for the w.h. to heat back up, and I figured I would do all my bathroom business at once. I read this and laughed too hard and kinda had an "accident." I am still laughing just reading that again.

Comment

I tell ya, I am new here and this thread is so dam funny I can't even see straight from laughing so hard. Mike

Comment

I'm not even a plumber and I love this. So is Ty still stuck in the crawl space- or did he finish - present the bill and they guy say "im not payin that"

STAY TUNED

Comment

Update:

The crawl space was a riot. Here's was what was in it, one water furnace, one electric furnace, 3 42 gallon kerosene tanks, and a central vac system. Whoever installed the central vac system was bat **** crazy. I never seen so many funky angles.

Went to rework the wiring in outlet and found it was double stacked inside a 2x6 wall. Wires jammed in the box like it was a competition.

Vent time. I'm on the west side of the house, it's 15 degrees, I'm on a lake and the wind is blowing so hard it hurts. I was outside wresting the vent that obviously had been installed with some type of adhesive they use on airliners. I was in a awkward position on my latter due to pier poles being strewn all over the ground. I finally ripped the housing and vent out, and dumped what believe was chipmunk poop all over my head. I'm not a expert on chipmunk poop but I believe it was poop from some omnivorous creature with a fetish for nuts.

Hook up the water: I noticed that on the cold side inlet of the unit there was no plastic plug as there was on the the hot side. So while I am kneeling there I pull out the plastic plug. When I did that about 2 cups of stagnant water dumped onto my knee and soaked my knee pad. So I remove my knee pads but the smell of death is still on my pants. Moving on.

Fire it up: It's go time, around 3:00 on a Friday. You already know where this is going. I crawl back in the crawl space to the other side of the house because that is the obvious place to put the well and shutoffs. I turn the water on slowly and as I am crawling out, I hear SPRAYING WATER. I commando crawled out of the crawl space so fast that any Drill Sargent would have been impressed. I jump out and find it's just the utility sink I left on.

Turn the unit on, and test it out. It worked fine. I tested every fixture and went out and began cleaning up. Everything is loaded up and I am starting to insulate the lines when I noticed one little drop of water on the male threads of outlet side of the Unit. I thought maybe my union was not tight enough so I snugged it up. No luck. So, I took it apart, inspected it, and the threads, doped and taped it and put it back. It worked. I check it ten minutes later, I seen that small drip again. I finished insulating the lines.

By this time it's late and I have a parent teacher conference to go to. I called the customer let him know that I believe the unit has a cracked brass nipple that is not field serviceable, and I will evaluate it further tomorrow.

Since I am running late I meet my wife at the school. I have chipmunk poop on me, I smell like death, I tore a hole in the knees of my pants. I look like hell and feel like someone beat my knees with a bat. SEXY!

How was your day?
                              Last edited by Tyman; 02-02-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X