Waste King Disposals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waste King Disposals

For you guys that haven't tried it the compact size hydraulic bottle jack trick works well for installing the heavier disposals that resemble R2-D2 from Star Wars. Just jack up till the rubber seal touches and with 2 fingers start the nut. Saves alot of frustration. Just my 2$

Comment

the best disposal I have found is a flock of chickens and some barn cats.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The 10 yr warranty is just a sales gimmick. My guess is, Waste King figures that even if the disposer goes bad within the warranty period, the homeowner will put something, anything, other than that noisy p.o.s. that they have put up with for several years and just forgo the warranty.

Besides, it's a pretty safe gamble on WK's part. After the first couple of years, who's going to remember how long the warranty was for?

Speaking of warranties...I noticed on the tag on a Fluidmaster ss flex that it has a 5 yr warranty. So What? B.F.D. Once the tag is cut off who is going to even know what brand it is? What are they going to do, give you a new flex line after the old one burst and flooded your house?
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Somebody is going to need these after they come back and see the rage that was created.Name:  16b7eb26a2b2cd40ef836614775ce4c0.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  4.4 KB
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            Somebody is going to need these after they come back and see the rage that was created.Name:  16b7eb26a2b2cd40ef836614775ce4c0.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  4.4 KB

Comment

remember that i didn't buy or supply the waste king. the owner had it there in case i couldn't fix the ise disposal.

what caught me was the 10 year warranty and the price difference.

the waste king uses the same mount as the general electric of years ago.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I Love Ise 'cause I can Hang a new unit on the Old mount ;-) The customer gets a "discount" .... Dave

Comment

I have had many run ins with the Waste Kings and usually the course of action is to replace it with an ISE. Just can't stand disconnecting the waste kings. There is a company here that sells them with a price tag that is outlandish here.

Comment

Amen Brother... Biggest piece of crap on the market. Hate them with a passion. I'd rather almost just pull and replace the whole sink than fight with one that's been in for a long time.

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Waste King is the biggest P.O.S. on the market and I don't care if they offer a free trip to Haiti with every one.

I despise their product, I hate the BS trying to remove them.

You done got me pissed off thinking how hard it was to remove the last one.

Insinkerator Evolution Series blows the competition away.

Comment

I started business over 33 years ago and I never thought the Waste King was as good as the ISE.

Lowe's and Homey must be doing pretty well because I haven't sold a disposer in quite a while. About a week ago, I saw some HO's in Lowe's looking at the disposers, so after they left I went over and looked. My first thought was, "My god, what the hell have they done with the drain connection?" I hope the plumber versions don't have that stupid thin rubber sleeve on them. Don't the company engineers know that rubber rots?

It's one thing to have a disposer connector rot off - easy to get and easy to replace. (In fact, I have a case of them in the shop.) But the drain connector means going back to the company. I suppose I'll have to start stocking those now. With the vibration and chemicals that go through a disposer, I really think the rubber sleeve is a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                      X