X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday morning special

I love how they cut out 90% of that joist!!! Probably wasn't needed anyway.

Comment

Maybe I am not looking at it right but isnt it all wet vented through the lav or did you say it ended at the trap?

Comment

Originally posted by stecar View Post
        Maybe I am not looking at it right but isnt it all wet vented through the lav or did you say it ended at the trap?

wet venting is done in the vertcal section of the stack, not the horizontal

then according to the post, the 4'' riser also picks up an upper floor toilet on the stack.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Taking another look at the picture makes me wonder what was there before the abortion. That 4" tee went to something. Was there a toilet there originally? If so, was the joist notched out when the cast iron was originally installed? If not, what purpose did that tee serve?

Comment

Your two options with this homeowner are,
            1, Do it right
            2, Don't do anything and walk away
            Dunbar is right, the words "quick fix" precede "I wish I never started this job" If your going to do it,take a lot of pictures and consider every aspect of this job that is incorrect.

Comment

Hey guys, The moron who plumbed this cut the stack then turned it into a toilet on the next floor. Hence no termination to atmosphere. The entire stack is just a dead drain for the fixtures. The kitchen goes out on its own. The house was then bought by the new guy and knowing he had problems he hired a plumber to fix the problems.

After he kept on having more problems he talked to a relative of mine who said " Mike will be honest, at least let him look at it". At this point I talked him into re-doing the entire stack from the basement out to the roof. This combined with a new laundry box and all new waters has turned into a real nice job. He has now decided to buy all new bathroom fixtures and remodel the kitchen as well. Materials are to be delivered in the morning. I plan on starting the rough Monday afternoon. The best part is the stack is straight below.

Kind of strange how it worked out because when he first called I was dreading going over there to give him an opinion. Mike

Comment

Well it sounds like you got several days of work ahead of you. At least the home owner agreed to do it right from top to bottom.

Whats the referal fee on this one??

G3

Comment

I doubt that he paid $5000 to a licensed plumber. It is more likely that the general contractor/carpenter or maybe a friends cousin who felt bad for him did the work. I've seen so much $h;t work here since Katrina. When they tell me about how they can't get in touch with their "plumber", I ask was he a licensed plumber or was your GC suppose to hire a plumber? They say I don't know. That means the GC or whoever, did the work and pocketed the money.

I get calls all the time asking me to file for work done by other people.

I tell them I don't whore my license out.

"Quick Fix" translates to "Red Flag"

Good luck with this one, let us know how it goes, thanks

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Rick, what do you mean by that?

Comment

Working...
                    X