Saturday morning special

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday morning special

Hey, just thought you guys would get a kick out of this. As a favor I was asked to look at this and see if I coud get this to work better. Lav has no vent and backpitched. Tub has no vent and backpitched. WC has no vent and leaks.This was inspected and passed by the way. Owner can't figure out why he is having so many problems. He asked if I could "real quick" fix it up for him. Mike
    Attached Files

Re: Saturday morning special

Is that orange cpvc glue? Yikes.

Comment

I would say there is more of a flooring issue...judging by the patch jobs.

Comment

Whats going on at the transition form PVC to Cast?
        It looks like an exhaust clamp for a tractor trailer and a wax ring??????
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

"You see, plumbing is easy!" said the carpenter.

Comment

I think he figured I could sprinkle magic dust on it an in a few minutes make it work. I am working on a bid right now to re-plumb it and rip out the stack down into the basement and replace with all new material. I convinced him to replace the floor in the area of the plumbing. FUN FUN FUN.

Comment

Wouldn't the toilet be vented through the stack going up. Many years ago it probably a double frogs eye closet bend.

Comment

wow... uhh... is that a pressure fitting on the tub arm? It looks like the top of that cast tee there might be a vent for the toilet.

I think that picture made me throw up a little.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Just imagine what it would have looked like if it had not been inspected. Thanks 4 the laugh on a cold blustery day here in NY.
                  WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                  ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

What looks like a stack is another WC ( with no vent ). A frogs eye done correctly is one thing but a cross is another story. That tee on the tub line has a cap and sticks out of the floor at a 45. ( trip hazzard ) Look at the WC rough-in distance!!!!! The lav drain has no vent, it goes straight to the trap.

OK now look at the water. That compression fitting doesnt show up well in the picture but as it leaves the fitting it shoots up to the floor at a severe angle.

Keep in mind this had a plumbing inspection and passed????????????

The real looser here is the homeowner because the plumber who did this worked for cash and is now history. After kicking over the money the homeowner thought it was done right. Now here he sits with junk plumbing and a min. of a $5,000 bill to have it done right.

Comment

I really hope that was not one of the Milwaukee inspectors...any hints as to which municipality?

Comment

Outskirts of Madison. You know, the plumbers portion of the insp. test is about 5 questions long. Mike

Comment

You're wasting your time on even bidding on this one.

I wouldn't feel sorry for him, I'd walk away and let him find someone else.

The two keywords that came out of his very own mouth, "Quick.....Fix"

Too much work out there to worry about his self inflicted gunshot wound to his cat. LMAO!!!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                            Is that orange cpvc glue? Yikes.
                            Hey, I was going to say that!

Comment

Dunbar, I forgot to mention I am part idiot. Under normal conditions your 100% correct, I love walking away from stuff like this. The problem is a family member asked me to look at it, dumb, right from the git go. The owner knows nothing about plumbing and trusted the plumber and the inspector that it was done right. He felt it would be a quick fix because he doesn't know any better. Once I explained to him the realities of the plumbing world he said he would be willing to pay whatever it took to make it right. The plan is to re-do the entire plumbing stack and the waters as well.

The real problem here is he paid someone cash in the start thinking he was saving money. And like all of us know their is no substitute for quality people in the plumbing business. Think how hard you work in a givin day, I am willing to guess you work your tail off and do a dam good job at doing it right. I would love to find this plumber and nail his nuts to a stump.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X