Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: home-spun plumbers tool pouch

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Can you post pictures with the tools in the pouch?

Thanks-Mark
    I'd like to see it with the tools in it as well...thanks

Comment

OK, I'll take some photos today. mike

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        I really appreciate the effort you are putting into your thread. Very informative.
        I second that, nice work.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

thats nice work, I use a electricans pouch on one side and a leather holster on the other, also use suspenders that take the weight off the hips and transfer to the shoulders
          i have always wanted a leather harness with a "D" ring on the back
          instead of the nylon..for working up in the air, scaffold,roof etc..
          sigpic
          30+ years as a plumber
          6 years in the Air Force

Comment

I would just like to know how much and where do I send the check?. I want mine the same exact way

Comment

Back around '72, I went to work in a state mental hospital. It was common to walk between buildings through steam tunnels and now and then you'd need a tool wherever you were.

Unlike service plumbing, you wouldn't always have a toolbox with you, so I decided that I wanted to carry tools like the electricians did. I got a pouch and loaded it with things like needlenose pliers and channellocks and screwdrivers and a small crescent or two. It was invaluable and I carried it for the two years I worked there.

Comment

OK fellas, here are some photos of the pouch with tools inside. I hope this is what you had in mind. As a side note this pouch was made using scrap pine as a form. That's how I was able to make the rounded curves. The blocks of wood were shaped with a rasp file in about 15 min. Unlike the other screwdriver holster I made for the forum demo using the tool itsef I just nailed down three shaped blocks on a piece of scrap plywood and starting in the middle just used my hands and pushed the leather until it looked right. Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Damn, you do good work. Thanks for sharing. Where did you buy the leather???

Comment

How much

Comment

Mike:

Nicely done!

You are on to something. I have my leathercraft merit-badge. But like most of us on here, just dont have the time to make something like this. If you would sell, I would buy. I garauntee there'd be a line behind me wanting one or several of what you've come up with.

-Respectfully,

-Jeremy, " I fix broken pools and spas."
                      Florida Leisure Pool & Spa
                      www.FLLeisure.com

Comment

spring passed i had found and purchased a tool belt made for plumbers, it was the only one i had ever seen and i was very content with it, one side had a torch holster with a few pockets the other was a larger and deep pouch wich could easily hold channel locks had a space for a maglite a prybar tape holder, a chain and t-bar simmilar to electricians for black tape except its for teflon tons of bells and whistles, the downside was the "clipteck" technology wich enabled you to easily remove the pouches, (the larger of the 2 even had a fold out stand). after a couple months i was doing a demo job and busted both clips makeing the belt a fashion item and the pouches floor decorations. it had a lifetime garauntee and when i returned it to my disbelief they had updated the tool belt line to something more durable than these plastic clips. well the plumbing belt was discontinued for some reason or an other. i took the store credit and got tools instead. ive since searched google many a times trying to locate a similar rig and within the past month i decided i would probably have to make it myself. hopefully i can make a torch holster than can cradle a rum bottle just as perfectly as the i had to return . thanks for the inspiration.
                        timmy
                        hot on the left, cold on the right... so hot ladies to the left and cold drinks to the right? lets hope gravity keeps em down all night!

Comment

Working...
                        X