X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold,E-Coli You Covered?

Talking with a reputable contractor yesterday.He was telling me how his insurance would not pay the $4,800 for the mold remidiation.After 16 years of business he finally had to make his first claim,a simple refrigerator line came out of it's ferrule.
    $73,000 worth of damage in a pool/guest cabanna.
    The mold company found E-Coli(the bacteria outbreaks found when animals cr@p in drinking water).Anyway his insurance payed for damages just not anything to do with mold or E-Coli found.

It is well known here I dislike Mold Chasers and their spook games.Now they are going to start chasing drain cleaners...WATCH.

Re: Mold,E-Coli You Covered?

I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth paying for ins. As of late its like they will always find a reason NOT to pay, and he with the best Lawyers wins.

I have ins for piece of mind, but with all the stories I'm hearing lately, I fear I would have to spend $10,000 on lawyers to get a $12,000 claim, 5 years later.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Most insurance policies have had "Mold Exlusions" for about the last 10-years or longer.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Most insurance policies have had "Mold Exlusions" for about the last 10-years or longer.

Mark
        Thanks Mark,

So when I see the whole "tent" thing and the measuring equipment come out the plumber is goimg to be paying for it?......Nice....

No wonder they are my arch nemesis.

Comment

I don't know, and that makes me wonder what else I don't know about what my general liability will and will not cover.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

"After 16 years of business he finally had to make his first claim,a simple refrigerator line came out of it's ferrule.
            $73,000 worth of damage in a pool/guest cabanna."

Recently, I had a similar claim. Leaky icemaker line in an unoccupied pool house. My claim was just under $70K. GC cleaned up the mess themselves and made sure there was no talk of mold.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
              "After 16 years of business he finally had to make his first claim,a simple refrigerator line came out of it's ferrule.
              $73,000 worth of damage in a pool/guest cabanna."

Recently, I had a similar claim. Leaky icemaker line in an unoccupied pool house. My claim was just under $70K. GC cleaned up the mess themselves and made sure there was no talk of mold.
              And that is the way I came up in the trade.Sometimes a mistake or faulty product can happen.We'll take care of it.
              It just seems like so long ago when things were more realistic (like your case Plumbus) more often

Comment

Working...
              X