Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigs List Crap

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Craigs List Crap

    Looking for a pex plumber (Seaocast, NH)

    Reply to: sale-1024266527@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2009-02-06, 10:14PM EST



    Hi there,
    First, I do not mean to piss off any Master Plumbers, with that said, I am looking for somebody that can run some PEX for me and replace copper pipes in a one bath room house. I had somebody that was going to do it, however, they took the money and ran. I do not need a Master Plumber, just someone that can replace some PEX, I will buy all materials. The walls are already opened up and I will open up the one remaining that you may need to replace the last line. It's pretty easy stff for anyone that knows plumbing from what I am told, (preferably atleast have a little undertanding of code for my area.)

    The only other thing need is for you to add a dishwasher drain to my sink.

    I'm told it's about 2-8 hours work depending on how quick you are, but I don't know much about it.

    Willing to pay up to $15- 25 per hour but would like any interested person to take a look at it to see if the 2 people who told me how long it would take are full of sh!@.

    Please let me know if you interested, I am in Dover, NH and can jump on this any time you can.

    A couple references would be great as well or your boss if this is a side thing

    If you plan on replying to this, please plan on coming by to take a look at the job you we don't waste each others time..

    • Location: Seaocast, NH
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1024266527
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Craigs List Crap

    Some real estate management company placed an ad in the local paper that read something like this:

    "Plumber needed for repairs to multiple rentals & for sale properties. Economic downturn demands long hours for modest pay."

    It actually said those words in the bold type.

    I almost called them and to ask for a real estate agent. And that I needed them to work for long hours & modest pay.

    J.C.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Craigs List Crap

      Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Some real estate management company placed an ad in the local paper that read something like this:

      "Plumber needed for repairs to multiple rentals & for sale properties. Economic downturn demands long hours for modest pay."

      It actually said those words in the bold type.

      I almost called them and to ask for a real estate agent. And that I needed them to work for long hours & modest pay.

      J.C.
      Since when does a real estate agent know what work is... LOL! I bet they are starting to know what low pay is now that the market is tanking...

      I hate to see hard working folks suffering but real estate agents are not them...

      The agents were the greatest part of the fuel for the real estate bubble now they reap what they sewed... Devils all of them

      Wow that vent felt good!

      Okie

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Craigs List Crap

        I've learned not to work for realtors, because they tend to be bottom feeders who hate to leave anything on the plate. Plus, they want everything done yesterday.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Craigs List Crap

          My Realtor Treats me Great ! ( Gives me the keys and says "do it when you can") Pays What I ask ... No Problems ...

          Dave

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Craigs List Crap

            Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
            My Realtor Treats me Great ! ( Gives me the keys and says "do it when you can") Pays What I ask ... No Problems ...

            Dave
            And everyone says I plumb in the twlight zone

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Craigs List Crap

              There are alot of people out there ( particularly of the white collar crowd) that seem to think that plumbing is just one of those things you pick up and no real formal training or skills is really neccesary to be one. This has really irritated me many times as I went the old school route and spent 5 years going to an excellent union run training enter in LA that had top notch instructors (many were inspectors). Also Had extra years of training for steamfitting, medical gas, high purity piping, welding, hvac, contractors license school.............and 30 years later I really got the hang of it now........I won't take the crumbs people want to throw as they smile take it or leave it.
              ps: I think I'm still too cheap!
              Last edited by plumb4life; 02-08-2009, 11:56 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Craigs List Crap

                People like this eat the inexperienced 's LIVER ! Scum
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Craigs List Crap

                  Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                  spent 5 years going to an excellent union run training enter in LA that had top notch instructors (many were inspectors).
                  is it possible we went to school together?

                  i was there from 1981-84. the school was in a business park in compton

                  rick.
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Craigs List Crap

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    is it possible we went to school together?

                    i was there from 1981-84. the school was in a business park in compton

                    rick.
                    Very likely Rick, same school, same time period................
                    Last edited by plumb4life; 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Craigs List Crap

                      Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                      There are alot of people out there ( particularly of the white collar crowd) that seem to think that plumbing is just one of those things you pick up and no real formal training or skills is really neccesary to be one. This has really irritated me many times as I went the old school route and spent 5 years going to an excellent union run training enter in LA that had top notch instructors (many were inspectors). Also Had extra years of training for steamfitting, medical gas, high purity piping, welding, hvac, contractors license school.............and 30 years later I really got the hang of it now........I won't take the crumbs people want to throw as they smile take it or leave it.
                      ps: I think I'm still too cheap!
                      Thank-You
                      You are not ranting.You are only wording perfectly the frustrations of an educated plumber in a world that the common man cannot appreciate until his perceptions fail him and he's calling his insurance company.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Craigs List Crap

                        Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                        There are alot of people out there ( particularly of the white collar crowd) that seem to think that plumbing is just one of those things you pick up and no real formal training or skills is really neccesary to be one. This has really irritated me many times as I went the old school route and spent 5 years going to an excellent union run training enter in LA that had top notch instructors (many were inspectors). Also Had extra years of training for steamfitting, medical gas, high purity piping, welding, hvac, contractors license school.............and 30 years later I really got the hang of it now........I won't take the crumbs people want to throw as they smile take it or leave it.
                        ps: I think I'm still too cheap!


                        Amen brother, people have no freaking clue what it takes to be a real plumber.....not at all.


                        I agree...
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X