Real Plumber's Water Heater ;-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Plumber's Water Heater ;-)

Seems the "newer" heaters are kinda Wimpy ! They Don't seem to Put out the quantity or temperature they used to ...

I'm talking about an old 40 gallon single element No heat traps Vs a "new" 40 gallon dual element with heat traps

I just Installed a New 30 medium in a shed (Mh Park) they only had 110 v out there so I "re-Whhhared it ;-)" 110v 1500W single element, NOS Thermostat ... Then I called them the next day and asked " How is it " They Love it ....

Sooo Do any of you guys "mod" your own heaters ? Longer Dip tubes 5500 Wat Elements , NOS thermostats etc ... ? (I'm talking personal use NOT for a customer)

Dave

Re: Real Plumber's Water Heater ;-)

If I'm installing for myself I'll do whatever I want to get what I need from it.

When servicing a customers I'll "improve" it if they're having an ongoing problem with original design.

Ex: Replacing a bad diptube with a longer one. Some A.O.'s only go about half way down. I'm no engineer but that doesn't seem right.

J.C.

Comment

How's this for a water heater mod.............
      Attached Files

Comment

instantaneous no less
        Attached Files

Comment

Water heaters should work well right out of the box. If not return it and or switch brands. The only mod's I do on water heaters is replace the plastic drain valve to full port ball valve with hose adapter and brass cap. Also if flow is restricted too much I yank out the heat trap nipples and use regular brass ones. Anything beyond that is taking on liability by altering the manufactures design and voiding warranty.
          Last edited by plumb4life; 02-08-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X