Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finding manifold in wall

A couple more reasons,
    If the H&C manifolds are large(more than three apiece) and the fixture wall is only a 2X4 we may roll up in a pocket or 2X6 or larger instead of taking so much out of the bottom plate.
    In the case of customs sometimes a sixty foot roll wouln't reach.

Comment

infrared camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MPMGinAL View Post
        infrared camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I do like this one.
        I can easily see the copper warming up the concrete wherever it penetrated.

Comment

They are great if you can spring the chingy!!!!!!!!!!! Cheapest one i have found was 5K. You should be able to see the pipe coming up to manifold in wall. Hot or cold.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMGinAL View Post
            They are great if you can spring the chingy!!!!!!!!!!! Cheapest one i have found was 5K. You should be able to see the pipe coming up to manifold in wall. Hot or cold.
            How 'bout as a cheap alternative a $30-100 IR thermometer. Probably not as accurate, but it might be able to help.

Comment

With a slab lead the thermometer might work, but in this case he was wanting to look inside the wall and find manifold, the thermometer is only going to take surface temp of the wall which i doubt would be affected by the manifold. The camera can look beyond surface. I have been able to detect wires in a wall that were hot (hot meaning live, not hot ouch!). Just the wire having a load on it is enough to heat the wire up and show on a thermal imaging camera.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                Hey guys I had a call yesterday that had a leak under the ground in the master bathroom. I traced it to the hot 1/2 copper going to the sink. I opened the wall and seen water coming from the black polly. So it was leaking from under the slab i cut holes in the wall where I thought it would be but did not wanna cut up the whole bathroom to find it. The only manifold I could find was in the wall at the kithen sink but if I cap that it will shut down the whole bathroom. Any ideas to find them behind the walls Thanks
                If the water is coming thru the black poly sheathing, then the leak should be within the sheathing which is usually only thru the slab, not the entire run of the pipe. Most slab leaks are usually in the bend of the pipe coming thru the slab anyway. Jack hammer up at the wall. The leak should be right there. Oh I miss slab leaks, cut my teeth on them in Cali.
                ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
                X