X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of manifolds.........

I was at a house the other day and the customer had roto rooter there before me. They had a leak under the slab and found the line and the manifold and they passed 3/8 grey plastic pipe in the middle of the 1/2 copper from one end to the other and installed 3/8 by 1/2 compression fittings to connect them. What do you think about this, I ran the faucet and seemed to have good pressure and it probaly took them an hour. I never done this or would even think about till i seen it with my own eyes.
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: Speaking of manifolds.........

did the same think many years ago but with 3/8'' soft copper. just for a lav sink that had a bad line under the slab. worked good and volume was fine for a lav.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PIPE THE GREY STUFF WAS? BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA. i WOULD PREFER TO USE 1/4 PEX. AND THAT MAY HAVE BEEN, I AM JUST NOT FAMILIAR WITH A GREY PEX? I DON'T THINK IT WOULD CONFLICT WITH CODE EITHER, BEING A LAV.

Comment

May have been Qest if it was grey. We have used 3/8 pex through 1/2 copper with good results. Solves the HO's problem with the least damage to the home. We have even done it to kitchen sinks temporarily until we can reroute the line.

Comment

Working...
        X