X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted!!!

WANTED ROOMATE TO SHARE 3 BEDROOM 2 BATH HOME. DUE TO RECENT ILLNESS AND MISSED WORK I WILL BE TAKING IN A ROOMATE TO SHARE EXPENSES.

COST - 500/MO.

NOTICE: HEADACHES, NAUSEA, AND OTHER FLU LIKE SYMPTONS FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE INTERESTED????????

PICTURES OF NATURAL GAS CONSUMING APPLIANCES INCLUDED.

ANTHING MISSING?????????????
    Attached Files

Re: Wanted!!!

I see nothing wrong with this picture.

Looks like no furnace filter either!
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

DOH!!!

Comment

And nothing covering the hole in the furnace flue. They live there and have for over a year with the heater in that very condition. I was there to give est on replacement of ac system.

Comment

Love the copper gas line as well, give it a bump and watch the flares break off...

Looks like a hackjob where they went to tie the WH vent into the furnace vent

Comment

Lookks like the vent pipe is laying in the floor.

Should of got a close up of the contractors name sticker on the front of the hvac unit.

G3

Comment

it's this type of hack work that really gets under my brown skin.

you know, i wonder if it's time to start putting log books in houses to prevent this type of life threating work from happening so often.

i'm not just refering to gas appliances but many aspects of work that is done in buildings.

up here the gov't has log books in all of their assets. this is a legal document that is refered to in case a catistrophic failure occurs.

it's too bad that we don't have some type of north american plumbers/gasfitters association to voice our concerns.

that pic should be sent to the "darwin awards" people.

Vince

Comment

Hey, there is no sediment trap on the gas line. But I bet the carpet is clean.

Comment

What the he?? I can,t get over how much of this crap we are seeing on this forum. Who in there right mind could sleep at nite knowing what they have left undone or done wrong. I hope no one was truly sick from that crap.

Comment

The homeowner did not say that anyone had been. I advised him of the danger and he is supposed to call me in the AM to install the vent. This is the second time that i have encountered this very thing. In both cases the water heater was placed on a stand, i assume to pass some sort of inspection, and the gas vent was not modified to accomodate the change. Not sure how it passed inspection at that point, but i didn't inspect it. That is the vent on the floor next to the heater, but it could not be installed and rise. It is common practice here for the wh to tie into the furnace vent.

Comment

I could see that at a rent house...
                      But you would think a home owner would notice the extra parts on the floor...but we dident see the rest of the house.

Comment

So thats what the hole in the top of the water heater is used for... gotcha now.
                        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                        X