X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing Mystery Help?

well heres my 2cents ....have you checked the toilets? could it be that they have mixing valves behind the wall to keep the tanks from sweating? these little guys go south all the time and as specialy if they were put in upside down or even at an angle.

Check and see if any of the toilets have hot water or warmer water in them than should be i guess. i know its a dirty job LOL.
    Last edited by Arthur96; 04-16-2009, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Well boys, there's your problem.

Just want to say thanks for anyone that offered suggestions, jokes, or just thought of them. I learned alot of things to look for that I might not have otherwise.

This doesn't really answer the crossover I saw though. I can come up with all kinds of theories, reverse flows, centrifugal force etc.

But correcting this also corrected that.

Thanks again.

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

ahh Broke gate valve!!!! where was it?

Comment

Looks like the supply feed valve on the larger heater. How in the world did that cause those symptoms?
          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
            Looks like the supply feed valve on the larger heater. How in the world did that cause those symptoms?
            I'm suspicious someone was messing with this valve and maybe got to move a little allowing some water by it.

Then the temperature on the heater is pretty high. The hot line is insulated well. So you can a pretty good movement of radiant heat up and over to some fixtures.

Turn one on, get the radiated hot water for about 40 seconds, then it's gone and/or the pressure equalizes or reverses at a fixture somewhere allowing cold water to keep the hot line going without hot water movement.

A guess. Have to think some more maybe.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Thanks Herk. But no the pump direction is correct.

I was unable to get there but spoke to the maintenance person throughout the day. I had him go through different frustrating tests to try and determine what's going on from the phone.

I think it may have dropped a gate valve on the inlet side partially causing water to reverse feed the fixtures.

Try and find out tomorrow.

J.C.
              This really pisses me off. Had it from the start & wasted mine and every readers time.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                This really pisses me off. Had it from the start & wasted mine and every readers time.

J.C.
                My mom always said "go with your first instinct!" Hey, everyone loves a good mystery!
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  My mom always said "go with your first instinct!" Hey, everyone loves a good mystery!
                  Can't do that. Then I'd be like drinking decaf while eating a doughnut.

J.C.
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-17-2009, 01:14 AM. Reason: Housekeeping

Comment

You really need to stop playing with Dunbar.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

• Re: Plumbing Mystery Help?

Sorry Mark.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                      X