Clear All

Re: Plumbing Mystery Help?

Kitchen Sprayer?

Elaborate PC.......

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
      That's good. Especially if the hot and cold faucet handles are both on and they are using the spout or sprayer handle to turn water on and off.
      Big Jim gets a big gold star

Comment

Good thinking. I didn't even think to give that a look as it's been so long since I've put my hands on the one. I'll get on that one also.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Don't be fooled by a hot recirc line, I have seen air locked lines that get pretty hot just from the pump. If you have a cross connection, you may be able to locate it by shutting down both heaters, turning on the hot side to a well draining fixture and walking the building. Look for some Moen fixtures.

Comment

Called to check on this today. No problems reported on the main line with the recirc system.

Have to troubleshoot the 2nd floor about the cold crossing over somewhere.

Thanks for reading and all ideas for correcting this.

J.C.

Comment

i would install gauges on inlet outlet of pump that way i always know the pump is actually pumping and when they have a problem ask the maint. man what the pressures were at the time of failure. on second floor water heater, is it actually on, did u take an amp draw? it doesnt make since to me that one pipe isnt hot, maybe a bad dip tube? but even if it was that the tank would still warm up.. just throwing something out there

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. House View Post
                i would install gauges on inlet outlet of pump that way i always know the pump is actually pumping and when they have a problem ask the maint. man what the pressures were at the time of failure. on second floor water heater, is it actually on, did u take an amp draw? it doesnt make since to me that one pipe isnt hot, maybe a bad dip tube? but even if it was that the tank would still warm up.. just throwing something out there
                That is what was so bizarre. Brand new Rheem heater. Checked it top to bottom. Amps, volts, ohms, forced cycle through the stats. The tank was not warm and it was operating.

Updated yesterday. I was called and told everything was working to their satisfaction.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  That is what was so bizarre. Brand new Rheem heater. Checked it top to bottom. Amps, volts, ohms, forced cycle through the stats. The tank was not warm and it was operating.

Updated yesterday. I was called and told everything was working to their satisfaction.

J.C.
                  Then how will we ever know what was wrong?!?!
                  West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                  Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

They must have gotten your bill $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                    And there living with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                      Then how will we ever know what was wrong?!?!
                      See post #18. I AM NOT happy about it and plan to investigate more on my time.

J.C.

Comment

This problem didn't just solve itself. It will likely return this weekend when the church is full.

Comment

Maybe we should all come and "help" JC investigate. Put about 20 or so plumbers on it.

Comment

I think BIG JIM figured it out with the kitchen sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              While you're there, check the commercial sprayer on the sink. I'm getting a strong vibe that's where the problem is

Who's the squirrel now

Comment

Oh great, now I need to fill out another 1099 MISC Form

Comment

Working...
                                X