X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernco wax free toilet seal

Has anyone tried or had a bad seal with the Fernco wax free seal?
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Fernco wax free toilet seal

I looked at them too Cuda. The only issue I have is the variance in toilet heights underneath and closet flange heights.

Seems like if the two were "out of range" then the Fernco connector could fall from the toilet & losing seal.

J.C.

Comment

I have one in my home. I used it the first time I pulled the toilet when we remodeled, because I knew I'd be pulling/replacing it several times. During the remodel the toilet was pulled 4-5 times.
      I have had no problems with it.

This is a low flow toilet that likes to clog after the flange if I don't hold the handle down when I flush. Come to think of it, this has not clogged since I caught one of the kids using 1/4 roll of toilet paper.
      Anyway, no signs of leaking when backed up.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

They work really good on wall hung carrier toilets. Don't have to worry about the "Neo-Seal" pinching. I couldn't tell you how much money I have made because of pinched carrier WC gaskets.

Comment

don't know if it was a fernco or a fluidmaster, but i replaced a toilet a week ago and found the plastic body inside the closet bend. it had fallen in and got wedged. created a sporatic stoppage. funny part was someone had already replaced it with a wax ring. they never bothered to remove the dropped plastic horn.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I replaced one that was leaking lol.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I had a cust by the fluid master one with a new comode..
              I ended up using a #4 wax instead

Comment

Working...
              X