X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATTN: Fla. Plumbers

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

This is fun I should stay home from work everyday to hang out here

Fun but I'm getting poorer by the minute.

I have one job set up for today, cleaning the drains in a gutted house, non emergency. Looking outside at these rain clouds, I may push it to tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      Im hard at work in the office!!!
      Sucker. I'm hard at work sitting on my couch at home.

I would prefer to be in the office though, my son gave me the flu.

Comment

Talk about thread drift!!! Anyway I am designing some backflows for a shopping center 13 to be exact!

Attached Files

Comment

Ridgid Forum and WRIF!

Comment

I'm done hijacking, someone just called in a stopped up bathtub.

Here I come to save the day!

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              it's been the law here for as long as i can ever remember.

unless they document each water heater, just like they do cars. they will never be able to trace the hundreds of heaters sold daily in a large city, never mind the entire state.
              make the seller, retailer document every heater sold and fill out a form that's sent into the local building department. a drivers licence, contractors license, and job address would be required and then it's traceable. add an additional $50 to each heaters cost that is a pre-paid inspection fee. at least the city would have the funds to use and employ the necessary inspectors to pursue the code enforcement.

rick.
              There has been talk in regards to having a license to purchase a tank. Inspectors brought up issues about electrical panels and breakers, home owners shouldn't be able to purchase them either. They see this turning into a nightmare
              I can't see this happening . Every Big Box and hardware stores would be in Tallahasse raising all kinds of hell. In Florida you need a Licsense to wipe your ***. Carpenter Contractors need a state Licsense in Florida also. Should the state stop a home owner from buying exterior windows and doors in Florida. A hurricane will blow them out before the HW Tank.
              If a plumber changes out a HW tank (elec) shouldnt the electrician dissconect the elec and reconnect when complete. Just asking I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Ridgid Forum and WRIF!
                big daddy Arthur P in the afternoons!

Comment

Big Jim
                  Charlotte county has been enforcing permits for water heaters since I moved here. Unfortunately, they consider it revenue enhancement. The county charges $90 for a water heater permit. I don't think they could have found a better way to increase non-compliance, and illegal trash (tank) dumping.
                  Mike

Comment

Talk about thread drift!!! Anyway I am designing some
                    backflows for a shopping center 13 to be exact!
                    Do you have a drain properly sized and strategically located to handle
                    the potential flow from this valves' relief port (~130GPM @ 50 PSIG)?

Name:  b992284cb9772e0a11ff34815a332b7b.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  115.8 KB

Watts 009M2QT
                    I think this is the model you call out on the drawing right?

130GPM makes a mess really fast as I know you are aware.
                    Attached Files
                    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                      Big Jim
                      Charlotte county has been enforcing permits for water heaters since I moved here. Unfortunately, they consider it revenue enhancement. The county charges $90 for a water heater permit. I don't think they could have found a better way to increase non-compliance, and illegal trash (tank) dumping.
                      Mike
                      Unfortunately you are right, this will just drive people underground so to speak. It sounds like they expect the $90 to cover the total cost of administering the permit and subsequent inspection(s).

In actuality it is the fairest way to do it. Why should the neighbor or a resident 10 blocks away from the person replacing their WH be saddled with even part of the cost for the WH inspection or permitting process when there is nothing in it for them? If the permit does not cover the cost of processing the permit and the inspection that is what happens. I guess you could make an argument that the inspection is for the public good, so in that respect they taxpayers do realize a gain from bearing part of the cost.
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Just government getting their hands on more of peoples money. It doesn't have anything to do with safety it's sole purpose is to generate revenue.

Government's just love creating divisions of law enforcement under various names all in the name of safety while disarming you as a citizen.
                        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

jim, just for kicks, why not send your building department a link to this thread. they might actually read it and respond

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            Do you have a drain properly sized and strategically located to handle
                            the potential flow from this valves' relief port (~130GPM @ 50 PSIG)?

Name:  b992284cb9772e0a11ff34815a332b7b.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  115.8 KB

Watts 009M2QT
                            I think this is the model you call out on the drawing right?

130GPM makes a mess really fast as I know you are aware.
                            Yep that is the model, we are using a 4" c.i. line for catastrophic discharge! even though the testing methods are insane!!!

Comment

Honestly, no surprise Jim. Do what it takes to keep the bottom line in the black.

J.C.

Comment

They are enforcing this in my town as well. All about the almighty dollar. If it was really about safety, it WOULD HAVE always been enforced.
                                Last edited by NorthernIllinoisPlumber; 03-24-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X