Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Circulating pumps

Originally posted by Plumbus
    Whether or not it's a waste of money is not for us to say. The privilege of making that call goes to the guy/gal signing the check.
    Ok this is wierd?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Ok this is wierd?
      I think the server is sick.

Comment

OK, I can almost picture this. You have one heater at 140 and one heater at 110and two return lines. If I had something goofy like this I would run one of the return lines to the BOTTOM of the 140 degree heater and I would run the other return line into the cold side inlet of the 110 degree heater but tie it in before the tempering valve. Install isolation valves, blow down bibs and check valves where necessary.

Comment

If it's new work and/or commercial there should be a detail of how the engineer wants it piped

I myself would tie them in together then make one connection back to the cold side with proper valving and checks.

Dual return temps require balancing valves
          That is how I would have done it also, but I don't see the difference if they have check valves.

Comment

If it's new work and/or commercial there should be a detail of how the engineer wants it piped

I myself would tie them in together then make one connection back to the cold side with proper valving and checks.

Dual return temps require balancing valves
            The engineer drew it piped together for one connection back to the cold like you said you would do.

I am just wondering "why?". Does it make a difference at all?

If everything is checked properly, why does it matter?

I understand that it is drawn a certain way, but I am wondering why it matters.

Comment

Working...
            X