What fixtures???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What fixtures???

Guess I missed the point of your post, thought you were looking for the easiest to maintain, one cartridge for the faucets, and one cartridge for the toilets. Nothing is renter proof, but I am thinking at this point your best bet is going to be a spring fed horse trough and an outhouse, good luck.
    sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

If you are repairing them your self then go with stuff you get at The big boxes. So when they call you at 5:30pm or Saturday or Sunday you can get replacement parts.
      I like Delta or Price Pfister faucets, American Standard Cadet Toilets seem to flush well.
      Water Heaters I would go with the Kenmore made now by AO Smith.

Comment

Moentrol also has the integrated stops, no going out to the street to turn the water off, posi-temp cartridge is crazy expensive.
        sigpic
        www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Herk Quote: "Toilet - maybe an American Standard. I don't know what the Gerber looks like now, but they used to be a very strong toilet. Since moving to China they may have weakened the china thickness or something. Avoid anything that has thin mounting areas or trash flush (big jet in the front of the bowl instead of flushing rim)."

Never heard the term "trash flush". What are some models of this & what are the drawbacks?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Jim, what's an F.G. tub/shower unit? Not familiar with that.

J.C.

Comment

f.g. = fiberglas ?
              sigpic
              www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
                f.g. = fiberglas ?
                Duuuuhhhhh.......

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
                  Call me crazy, but I like Moen. Easy to fix, parts available, and IMHO, the best warranty in the industry.
                  SS K.S. definitely. No disposer
                  Self-rimming VC lavs. Or fake marble tops.
                  Rheem WH (They are all designed to fail, anyway) w/ 6 yr. warranty.
                  A.S. Colony WC.
                  F.G. tub and shower unit.
                  I have just had bad experience with moen...A lot of leaks on them. A lot. and yeah they'll give you a free cartridge, but the warranty doesn't cover labour. I know it varies by region but a delta part is just as easy, if not easier for me to find.
                  West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                  Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                    I have just had bad experience with moen...A lot of leaks on them. A lot. and yeah they'll give you a free cartridge, but the warranty doesn't cover labour. I know it varies by region but a delta part is just as easy, if not easier for me to find.
                    I find that hard to believe with Delta changing their t/s valves every couple years, delta was a great product when they pushed the ball system. They are popular with the rough in crews now because they come minus the cartridge, so you do not have to remove it to solder it up.

Now you need to know if your dealing with a 1300, 1400, 1500, 1700 series valve, to much for a service truck to try and stock and keep up on, not to mention the lavs and kitchens as well.

The only problems I have encountered on the Moen is attributable to poor installation, they are overtightning the kitchen sink faucets upon install, or not pulling the cartridge when soldering up a t/s valve, otherwise they wear like any other valve, in my experience. YMMV
                    sigpic
                    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Duuuuhhhhh.......

Thanks.

J.C.
                      Its all good
                      sigpic
                      www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

I think Delta was dropping all the different series and using there R10000 (not sure of #) universal valve.

Makes it much easier when people change their minds about trim.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                          Are Pressure assist toilet that worry/ maintanance free for the long term?
                          i can tell you from my personal experience.

the 2 american standard pressure assist toilets that i have at my house for the last 16 years have never required any repairs, adjustments or a plunger. these have the sloan pressure tank in them.

i just changed the one in the master 4 months ago to get it washlet/ bidet ready. the seat to tank distance was not enough to allow for the new seat

kohler 1 pc. pressure assist were a ticking time bomb. they were recalled at least 8 years ago. i still have parts for them

the moentrol in my showers have also been trouble free for 16 years and so has the moen faucets and roman tub 3/4'' valve.

personally i prefer moen over delta. 1 cartridge compared to springs, seals, caps, adjusting rings.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            I think Delta was dropping all the different series and using there R10000 (not sure of #) universal valve.

Makes it much easier when people change their minds about trim.

J.C.
                            You are correct, I have been selling these quite a bit recently in the past months, I think that this is an outstanding idea, I had one customer that wanted a lockwood with Tempassure, 2 months later, they change their mind, swapped the cartidge and handle and before you know it they had a brand new look!!

Comment

Ahhhhh, the RENTAL BUSINESS.....I have been doing rental all my life from when I was a kid with my dad to present day. Tenants will wreck everything sooner or later. For tub/shower walls my dad taught me to add a few extra 2x4s in the walls... (use 12" centres instead of 16") young tenant couples love to do extra-cirricular activity in tubs/showers, and use Durock CEMENT BOARD (not green drywall crap). Silicone the butt ends of the Durock on corners. We use Moen Single handle faucets for kitchens and baths with Moen Posi Temp for the tub/shower. The 1225 and 1222 cartridges are FREE at Home Depot as replacements for LIFE (give them the old one, and they give you a new one free...I love it, thanks Moen). I NEVER buy any pop up drains...they get wrecked fast. You can use a rubber stopper...LOL

I do love that idea of a STAINLESS STEEL BATH TUB someone wrote earlier...how can we get manufacturers to make a S.S. tub? I would get them for Rental use....awesome idea!!!

Comment

Actually if you really want to bullet proof your lavs, think Grid Strainer.
                                sigpic
                                www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X