Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much should this cost ?

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Two-way cleanouts are legal here but I don't install them because they are worthless in my mind. When you need them the riser is often full and you can't tell which direction the cable/hose/push rod is/are headed.

Mark

Scroll down to model number E10

http://www.gorlitz.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=34

Send the whip down facing the direction you want it to go and it will go that direction and the blades will follow.

Don't know if Ridgid makes this type of attachment, but I think Gorlitz makes chucks to fit different machines.

If not sure I use a probe rod to feel the cable at the bottom of the "T"

It would drive me crazy to have to go on the roof when there's a perfectly good cleanout to work from.

No 2 way cleanouts allowed on residential here, just on greasetrap lines.

I can usually make this attachment go upstream from cleanout t's, and sometimes 6 inch city cleanouts.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Who's kelly?

I was referring to the 2 way cleanout
      One term I use is a Kelly fitting. It's a good idea to attach a ring and tag reading 2 way sweep. When it's loaded with dirty water the local drainster won't blow out a cammode
      thinking He's headed to the street! Installed a C I ONE for My own home,works great when You know It's there!
      Last edited by toolaholic; 02-16-2009, 11:24 PM.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Isn't that sand?

That's about 30 minutes of digging. Where I live it's clay, clay and more clay! I suppose $500 to $600 would be a nice number. I trained in Palm Springs where it's all sand. We could dig a 5x5x5 hole in about 2 hours!! Where I work now dig'n sucks! shovel, peel,shovel,peel, arrrrgggghhh!

Comment

I have a mild allergy to shovels, and severe allergy to jackhammers

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Two-way cleanouts are legal here but I don't install them because they are worthless in my mind. When you need them the riser is often full and you can't tell which direction the cable/hose/push rod is/are headed.

Mark
            All you need is a directional device called a spoon. Most guys around here make them. Basicly a 4 foot piece of 3/8" rod with a curved piece of flat metal welded to the end. Works well. If the cleanout needs to be deep I install back to back combo's with risers, no problem.
            Last edited by plumb4life; 02-17-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

the best two way, two riser cleanout is a "texas twin"

it's a no hub twin riser with opposing tees. they cris cross and the total length of the fitting is just slightly longer than a regular comby.

i always mark a 2 way cleanout with red paint. as already stated, a riser full of muck is not fun to feel what way your going.

a sprinkler key is great to feel your cable direction. the horse shoe end will ride the cable down and a slight twist will let you know that you're on it.

i found a san tee is a better choice than a 2 way single barrel. the san tee will always send you downstream, but if you find a dry riser, then you could if need be go backwards. might not be legal, but it's better than a blind guess on a 2 way single riser.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X