X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing auger heads

Has anyone ever tried to use a larger auger tip from the k-750 model on the k-380 model? I know the pieces won't be able to connect without some fabrication, but would the motor and cable handle it?

I would really like to use a Blade #92890 on the k-380.

Any thoughts on this?

The reason I want to do this is because I would like to use a 4" blade instead of the 2" ones that are offered for that model.

Comment

My thoughts are as soon as you hit a stoppage you will damage both yourself and your cable. There is a reason they don't sell 4" blades for the K-380
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i use that saw blade on my k-7500- 3/4'' machine. it works great. as utah stated, you'll have a nasty time even thinking about roots with the 380. even if you put a 1/2'' cable into the machine, you'll run the risk of getting kinked and then stuck.
        sort of like using a trout, fresh water pole to fish for shark. you'll get a bite, but you'll lose the line.
        i have adapted many cutters to work on the 750- 7500 machine. one of my favorites is the 4'' x 6'' expanding cutters. it was designed for the 1500 sectional machine. works great on the 3/4'' cable.
        if you plan on cutting roots, get a larger machine. when you lose your cable, it's going to be costly to replace and then to clear the line of the stoppage and cable.

rick.

[ 10-01-2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

I agree with Rick and Utah. The k 380 is not up for use on jobs that would require that cutting head. These machines are designed for certain uses, when you try to use a drain cleaner for a sewer cleaner you are going to either cost yourself or a customer a lot of headaches.

You might get lucky and open a few lines but you will end up with a mess and it will be sooner rather than later. Please pay attention to what these other guys write as they have a lot of service experience, I have more than a little bit myself.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Would any of you recommend any blades for the k-380 model that will cut through roots?

I have a 4" sewer pipe that clogs year after year and I have just had it with renting the tool everytime to clear it out.

If you can recommend such a blade, how would it work at clearing a 4" pipe?

Comment

This is the 63025-T209 2" spiral cutter. The manual says this will work on the k-380 model.

Would this help clear a 4" pipe of roots ?

Comment

Ridgid User,

Please understand I mean no offense. The machine you have is not intended for use in a 4 inch main full of roots. It will do a fine job in lines up to three inches. Its not designed for a 4 inch main with a root problem regardless what head you put on it.

Using that machine on a four inch pipe that you know is full of roots is like asking a 1/2 ton pick up to pull a 13,000 pound trailer. Its just not made for it.
                Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Hi plumber and all others that responded. I do appreciate the real world feedback you have given me thus far. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                  X