Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tankless installed today

Originally posted by Badabing View Post
    That's why you're plumbers and not electricians
    True. Each trade knows some "experience detail" that makes the difference. I have 3 licensed electricians in my phone that I trust & use all the time.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Badabing View Post
      I'm not changing them out, I'm the one you're supposed to call when you're doing the job to do the wiring... correctly. =p When installing a new tankless that's gas, are you also running a 120v line from the panel to the tankless unit for the ignitor to plug into?? I don't recall that being part of the plumbers job. If the unit's an electric water heater, are you also hooking it up??? Oh sure, it's black to black, white to white... doesn't make you an electrician. I see the way you guys talk about hacks trying to do plumbing... same goes for electricity.
      I have enough basic electrical knowledge (5yrs) to run temporary power to a tankless unit, until a more qualified electrician can run a circuit to the water heater. If it simple and I don't have to get into the panel I will do it myself, especially if there is an outlet or junction box (not many wires in it) near by. It saves me and the home owner time and money.

Comment

Just made the exact installation as you Tim. I prefer the outside also. More optional & less worries to me. Also cheaper to install alot of times. Freezing can be a concern if one doesn't think ahead.

The unit does have freeze protection to 35 below zero if I recall. I like the new finish but am not impressed at all of the quality of the pipe cover kit.

The Rheem one I installed was heavier & had a bottom to it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Just made the exact installation as you Tim. I prefer the outside also. More optional & less worries to me. Also cheaper to install alot of times. Freezing can be a concern if one doesn't think ahead.

The unit does have freeze protection to 35 below zero if I recall. I like the new finish but am not impressed at all of the quality of the pipe cover kit.

The Rheem one I installed was heavier & had a bottom to it.

J.C.
          I agree 100%. I do think they offer a bottom for the cover, just have'nt really looked. I like the Rheem also (have one in my own house, exterior recessed install). The Rinnai simply has a better look to it.

Comment

Working...
          X