X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Bending

I am new to this trade, a transplant from a machine shop. I need some help bending steel tubing. 1/2 & 3/8 for hydrolic systems. Basically where to make my bends. I have the Ridgid hand benders, just need help figuring out the bends. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BillFick:
    I am new to this trade, a transplant from a machine shop. I need some help bending steel tubing. 1/2 & 3/8 for hydrolic systems. Basically where to make my bends. I have the Ridgid hand benders, just need help figuring out the bends. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    HEY BILL
    I'VE RAN TUBING FOR YEARS THE BENDERS ARE SET UP ON BENDING TUBING ON CENTERS. THE FIRST RULE IS TO ALWAYS KEEP YOUR BENDS TO YOUR LEFT IF POSSIBLE.AL YOUR MEASUREMENT ARE ON CENTERS . IF U WANT 90 4" LNG YOU MEASURE 4" DOWN AND MARK, LINE IT UP ON THE 90 DEGREE MARK AND BEND UNTIL THE 0 MARK GETS TO 90.ON TUBING WHEN MAKING SEVERAL 90 DEGREE BENDS YOU CAN LAY OUT ALL THE BENDS AT ONE TIME LETS SAY YOU NEED TO GO OUT 4" DOWN 5" AND BACK IN 12". YOUR 1ST MARK WOULD BE AT 4" 2ND MARK 9.5" 3RD MARK AT 21 IF YOUR RUNNING 1/2" TUBING U ALWAYS DEDUCT THE OD OF THE TUBING . THIS IS HARD TO EXPLAIN ON KEYBOARD I COULD SHOW IN 10 MIN HOPE I HELPED SOMEWHAT
    God is good

Comment

Working...
    X