X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.O. System Question

I've only put in a few small/residential models. I have a customer that I installed there Whirlpool WHER25 made by EcoDyne. When it was first installed and brought up to working order, you could get about 20-30 oz. of water from it before you could hear the filter/purge cycle begin it's replacement.

Now it does it immediately. Draw an ounce, you immediately hear replacement. The owner wants it to work as it originally did. I've checked it from top to bottom as far as I know. Spoke to Whirlpool and Ecodyne. They are very insistent that it is operating correctly even though it did not operate the same as when first installed.

Filters are ok. Tank pressure is right. All lines look like new. Been in about 15 months. House pressure the same.

Ideas for the change?

J.C.

Re: R.O. System Question

The Pre and Post filters should be changed at a 6 to 12 month interval.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
      The Pre and Post filters should be changed at a 6 to 12 month interval.
      All filters have been changed at 6 month or less intervels with the current filters in for 3 months.

J.C.

Comment

It sounds like the storage tank may be leaking through the bladder, and therefore limiting the storage capacity!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
          It sounds like the storage tank may be leaking through the bladder, and therefore limiting the storage capacity!
          I did push the valve to check for water. This one is at the bottom side of the tank. Nothing.

Then I reset the pressure to factory specs.

No dice. Good thinking though.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
          X