tempress?? shower valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tempress?? shower valve

I wonder if anyone has had the pleasure of working on one of these shower valves. As far as I can tell the cartridge is made by some company in Canada that may or may not be related to Grohe, the trim comes from multiple manufacturers? The design is born to lose with a 4" handle that can easily overwhelm the cheap plastic in the cartridge. I wish I could back out of this job.

Re: tempress?? shower valve

tempress= junk

grohe and newport brass are stupid for using this valve on their cheaper line of balancing valves.

i've worked on quite a few and have never had an easy go at it.

the filter seats are a joke. imagine having to disassemble the entire valve to clean any foreign matter. the o-rings that hold the seats in are a joke. the entire valve is a joke.

do you know what i'm saying

it's no joke.

run run away from this joke of a valve.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick is right ,what a nightmare. The seats that push in at 9 and 3 o'clock have little screens that can clog up and the brass valve body can wear out at this location. I do believe there is a small brass stop that slides over the broach that must be installed (is yours missing?) or the cartridge will self destruct.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
        Rick is right ,what a nightmare. The seats that push in at 9 and 3 o'clock have little screens that can clog up and the brass valve body can wear out at this location. I do believe there is a small brass stop that slides over the broach that must be installed (is yours missing?) or the cartridge will self destruct.
        The brass stop is clearly seen in the exploded view below. I agree that the filters are tempermental. But, I've found the cartridges easy to change out. Plus, there's an old style and new style cartridge, new being the one with the removable filters.

http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/35250/

Comment

Working...
        X