No announcement yet.

How do you remove WC t-bolts that spin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you remove WC t-bolts that spin?

Ez beans! 12 lb. Sledge and trash can
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
      that's one of the keys to knowledge.

you seem to have a natural mechanical sense/intelligence about you gear.

have you ever considered plumbing or mechanical engineering?

Vince
      Funny you should say that, Thread drift approaching!!! I'm actually trying to change jobs in the navy right now. If I get I get accepted to the program, I'll become a generator mechanic with an electrical engineering degree. I'll post more if I get accepted.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Funny you should say that, Thread drift approaching!!! I'm actually trying to change jobs in the navy right now. If I get I get accepted to the program, I'll become a generator mechanic with an electrical engineering degree. I'll post more if I get accepted.
        I hope you get accepted and thank you for your service.My son is a seabee currently serving in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by slink View Post
          I hope you get accepted and thank you for your service.My son is a seabee currently serving in Iraq.
          Pass on a thank you from me please.

Comment

To address this we developed a new tool called the "Johni-Bar". I have found that most of the time the nut will turn but once it hits the end of the cut thread its all over. The Johni-Bar is simple and only cost around $8.00.

Check out the youtube video and see it in action. Just play the SetFast video and move you mouse over the the video. The icon for the Johni-Bar will appear. Click on it and sit back.

http://www.rjstechllc.com

Thanks for watching!
            Ray S.

Comment

Originally posted by rserret View Post
              To address this we developed a new tool called the "Johni-Bar". I have found that most of the time the nut will turn but once it hits the end of the cut thread its all over. The Johni-Bar is simple and only cost around $8.00.

Check out the youtube video and see it in action. Just play the SetFast video and move you mouse over the the video. The icon for the Johni-Bar will appear. Click on it and sit back.

Thanks for watching!
              Ray S.

I'd like to try one of those.

I can see that possibly working but I'm concerned about the mild steel you used for those teeth, and if they gnaw down quickly,

well, we all like job security but that's what I'd be concerned about as far as longevity goes on your product.

Every time someone uses a *** **** 1/4" toilet bolt, those damn things spin all the time, like using a nail instead of a bolt.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thanks for watching!
                Ray S.
                I like the idea of the Johnny Bar but...

I can see my chin rested on the rim of the toilet bowl while I fumble around with 2 tools trying to loosen that rusty piss laden bolt

Make it one tool. Sell it for $25 and I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I like the idea of the Johnny Bar but...

I can see my chin rested on the rim of the toilet bowl while I fumble around with 2 tools trying to loosen that rusty piss laden bolt

Make it one tool. Sell it for $25 and I'm in

What?!?!?

That's the best part! Especially when you gain new "beard hairs" in the process.

I'd have to see this "one tool" idea as I'm not capable of figuring that one out.

Stops the bolt from turning, removes the nut? Are lasers involved?
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    What?!?!?

That's the best part! Especially when you gain new "beard hairs" in the process.

I'd have to see this "one tool" idea as I'm not capable of figuring that one out.

Stops the bolt from turning, removes the nut? Are lasers involved?
                    Beard hairs Dude thats just funny.

Comment

Sometimes it's enough just to cut a slot into the top of the bolt and then you can hold back on it with a small screwdriver as you run the nut up over it with your channel locks or open end wrench.
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for watching!
                        Ray S.
                        Dang Ray! Every time I read a new thread there you are selling another innovative tool.
                        The Johni-Bar looks like something I would buy. I think you should have used the bottom part of the bowl cap in your video to make it more realistic though.
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

You would be surprised on how well this thing grabs. Who would of guessed (I didn't at first) that putting teeth on one side of the fork would work better than teeth on both sides.

As for the teeth they should hold up fine. The J-Bar is made from 1075 tool spring steel which is the same steel many knifes are made from. Its then heat treated so the teeth should stay sharp for some time. Its also a US made tool so the quality is top notch.

So if DUNBAR would like to meet JOHNI-BAR drop me me an email. I will give away 10 or so so if any other members here are interested contact me ASAP. Please, real plumbers only.

Thanks, Ray

Comment

My favorite method is to tell one of my men to do it. When all else fails, a hammer works every time.

Comment

Looks like a good idea.Is the fork part tapered at all? or do the teeth do all of the work? Do you have an idea as to how long the teeth will hold up before they wear down? I would be willing to try one if the price were right.

Comment

No, the fork is flat and is not intended to work as a wedge or pry bar. You could use it to pull up on the bolt to keep it up in the flange key way while turning the nut but once the teeth grab there should be no need for that.

As described in my earlier post its made from hardened tool steel so the teeth will last a long time.

Still have some samples left if anyone else is interested. Please, members/plumbers only.

Thanks, Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X