X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever pulled a water service in

Never tried this before, pull pex from inside the building attached to the 3/4 galvy line. Line is 3ft deep to the foundation. Big hole dug at meter, attach comelong, pull galvy out with pex hooked to it. New line in. Does this work?
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: ever pulled a water service in

i have done this before many times, but i pulled copper instead of pex. i can tell you it takes alot of power to get the galvy moving. at least it does here we are in hard clay. it needs to be hooked to backhoe or excavator. no way will a come along begin to move it!

it works about 50% of the time the other 50%the galvy breaks when we start pulling.

Larry

Comment

i've pulled 1'' soft copper through 1.25'' hard on a fancy brick driveway.

i was able to cut out a few bricks at the change of directions.

used a come along attached to the truck.

another time i had a mini mall with a bad copper service. soldered on a new soft copper line and pulled old out while pulling new one in from the meter box to the service entrance.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think Pex would be too easily damaged if it came into contact with a rock or anything hard. Would HDPE be a better choice??
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

we pull alot of our services in with pex. it does well. you do need alot of power though.
          Mike
          Clark County Plumbing And Drain
          www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

How to yall tie off to the old line??secondly does the crimp jiont suficient to hold the pex on during the pull??

Comment

we use a sock looks like a finger trap. or we have used mule tape with a few 1/2 hitches in it
              Mike

Comment

Haycad what brand and where did you buy this sock?? I might have a use for such a tool..

Comment

I know you can get them from TT Technologies. A friend of mine just bought one at the pumper show. Not sure how mush they would be alone though. He bought a water service replacement deal that consists of a cable that you feed through the old pipe a cutter on end that cuts old pipe and this sock or chinese finger lock deal that drags new pipe in.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                    Haycad what brand and where did you buy this sock?? I might have a use for such a tool..
                    heres a link to one of them i could not find them on the ditch witch site
                    http://plcunderground.com/index.asp?...TS&Category=13
                    Mike

Comment

the pipe slitter can be purchased from rex/ wheeler rex.

the problem is you need a backhoe to pull it with.

or you need a trench-less machine to pull it with.

if you try to pull with a truck, you'll just rip the pipe out of the ground. you need to maintain the cable and slitter in the same pipe orientation.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X