Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new torch

Anybody use one of these?
    http://www.supplierofchoice.com/industrial1.htm

I have a buddy that swears by this torch. I haven't used it, but since I'm in the market for a double barrel, I figured that I'd give it a shot and be the first on my block with one. I'm sure they've been around for some time. Opinions?

Re: Looking for a new torch

Never used one personally, I would opt for the acetylene with a assortment of heads personally. Out of curiosity, why would a person need a double barrel?
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
      Anybody use one of these?
      http://www.supplierofchoice.com/industrial1.htm

I have a buddy that swears by this torch. I haven't used it, but since I'm in the market for a double barrel, I figured that I'd give it a shot and be the first on my block with one. I'm sure they've been around for some time. Opinions?
      Since I have to buy my own feul I very,very rarely use mine.I have a b-tank to silver solder or soft solder the larger fittings.

The self ignitors get in the way of maneuvering around a fitting to get a uniform joint temperature without frying everything in the vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        Never used one personally, I would opt for the acetylene with a assortment of heads personally. Out of curiosity, why would a person need a double barrel?
        Easy to get around the project.
        I was using one when I was running some 1-1/2"&2" for another company a few years back.

Comment

Why double barrel

There are quite a few houses here with 1.25 and a few 1.50 copper coming into the house. The double just covers more ground.

Comment

Speaking of torches...

Have they ever made a torch with swivel out tips so you can heat both sides of the joint at once? I couldn't find one on the web, but have always thought it would be a nice tool.

Comment

Re: Why double barrel

I am thinking if you need this your left your b-tank at the last gig!

Comment

I like the Turbo Torch TX500. I'm not a big fan of the swivel type torch as it is harder to get into tighter spaces.
                ________
                Arthur chevrolet history
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:22 PM.
                Mike

Comment

This is my torch of choice, with mapp gas.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    This is my torch of choice, with mapp gas.

NHM,
                    I had no idea how well off you were.
                    You must be the envy of many an aristocrat at the mens club with that cigar lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                      I like the Turbo Torch TX500. I'm not a big fan of the swivel type torch as it is harder to get into tighter spaces.
                      I use this the majority of the time.

Even though some turn their nose to them, I had a Bernzomatic one time that worked as well & lasted as long as the other TurboTorch I had.

J.C.

Comment

For anything up to about 1 1/4 it puts out plenty of heat and is a hell of a lot easier to hoof around the job site. I have the full size turbo in the van also but I'll bet it hasn't seen the light of day in a year. With mapp gas, it gets damn hot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          NHM,
                          I had no idea how well off you were.
                          You must be the envy of many an aristocrat at the mens club with that cigar lighter.
                          Wish I could write like that! Just how many pink bellys can You handle?
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            For anything up to about 1 1/4 it puts out plenty of heat and is a hell of a lot easier to hoof around the job site. I have the full size turbo in the van also but I'll bet it hasn't seen the light of day in a year. With mapp gas, it gets damn hot.
                            Have one and I like it . Won't silver solder though.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Wish I could write like that! Just how many pink bellys can You handle?
                              Quite a few due to the fact I've built up a tolerance.

Comment

Working...
                              X