X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are doctors soooooo cheap?????

Getting better here SG. It was bombing sleet last night.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      BTW, my roads are covered with ice and snow so I'm taking the day off. That is why you'll see me posting here today annoying everyone and gettign into arguments. Its a pastime. I'm also doing office work in between posts.
      COVERED??? What did ya get half an inch!!!! Ya sissy we've got 10 down and another 6 on the way!! everyone is at the office and I have been chasing it around in a truck since 2 AM!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        COVERED??? What did ya get half an inch!!!! Ya sissy we've got 10 down and another 6 on the way!! everyone is at the office and I have been chasing it around in a truck since 2 AM!!
        I live in the south. I think the whole county has maybe one snowplow...and it sure as hell hasn't been down my road, which is covered in glare ice hiding under the snow. I haven't seen teh roads this bad for YEARS! And No 4WD in my GMC savana.
        I won't risk wrecking a $20,000 truck over a $200 service call.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

We had 3" when I woke up

I got half way to work but then wussed out

Comment

You need to come down South Wrench.

We sit on the porch with sweet tea and barbeque most days.

1/8" of snow and we go Armeggedon. I've been canning tomatoes, holding the bible, and crying all morning.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              I have no doubt you have higher expenses than some.
              I have no doubt that you stay very busy.
              I have no doubt that there are some companies rates that seem much more expensive but may not be as efficient ie. profitable.

I also have little doubt that you're a good guy, plumber, & that your customers call you because of that.

But I also have no doubt that the main reason ALOT of your customers call you is because you're cheaper.

Even though you're very efficient, maybe you should consider increases.

J.C.
              actually the main reason why they call me is because of my reputation. not my price. people call from referrals, not because they know my price.

i turn down at least 25% of all calls based on location, time frame, and type of work. price has never been an issue. same reason why i don't waste my time on free estimates. i'll give them a price, but not a free estimate.

remember what i've always said. plumbing is not a get rich overnight profession.

33 years and i'm still working on it

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

How long has it been that you have been away from NY? That southern cookin hasn't softenedyou up did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  I live in the south. I think the whole county has maybe one snowplow...and it sure as hell hasn't been down my road, which is covered in glare ice hiding under the snow. I haven't seen teh roads this bad for YEARS! And No 4WD in my GMC savana.
                  I won't risk wrecking a $20,000 truck over a $200 service call.
                  I won't risk wrecking my $2,000.00 truck either Carl.

J.C.

Comment

1/8" of snow and we go Armeggedon. I've been canning tomatoes, holding the bible, and crying all morning.

J.C.
                    yeah but we have some REALLY GOOD Pizza!

Comment

How long has it been that you have been away from NY? That southern cookin hasn't softenedyou up did it?
                      Its been over 5 years. Remember, you guys have snowplows and salt tucks up there. And I live in the country, my roads are curvy and narrow. Once they get some ice its really bad.

Comment

It isn't quite that bad over here, but it is blowing around pretty good. I can still see about 1/4 of my driveway through the snow because of that. I would estimate about 6 inches is the highest in some so far. WHUD says north Westchester will only get 8-13, so we'll see how much gets added to that.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          actually the main reason why they call me is because of my reputation. not my price. people call from referrals, not because they know my price.

i turn down at least 25% of all calls based on location, time frame, and type of work. price has never been an issue. same reason why i don't waste my time on free estimates. i'll give them a price, but not a free estimate.

remember what i've always said. plumbing is not a get rich overnight profession.

rick.
                          Rick, we've moved on

Comment

J.C.

I love it! He's not kidding one bit. The south is way laid back. Sometimes it gets on my nerves, but other times I appreciate the southern way of things. (which is about 100 times slower then the New York way.)

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                              Rick, your price IS part of your reputation. They cannot be separated. All of the people that recommend you will typically include pricing information to friends and family.

We all do it. Maybe capitalistic human nature if there is such a thing. People recommend internet tool sellers all the time base on price and service just for an example.

It's none of my business if you're the highest company in town or the lowest. But one of the recommendation factors is always price.

J.C.

Comment

I will be fighting the ice and snow to go replace a cracked filter housing under a house. Poor guy called yesterday and has been patiently waiting for me without any water. He agreed to my price on the phone (which wasn't cheap) and doesn't want to (or can't) get anyone else to come out.

Looks like I'm risking a wreck after all. But this guy will become a customer for life after I rescue him today. A customer for life is worth A LOT!

Comment

Working...
                                X