Why are doctors soooooo cheap?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are doctors soooooo cheap?????

I would love to have a customer like her and tell her, this is the $11.00 cleanout you need on your main line, and she says "well I could just buy that and put it in my self." And I say as I point to my camera, "ok and that's the $10,000.00 tool you will need to locate where it goes."
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

I give Flat Rate Somtimes The customer agrees ..Then when I "slam Dunk " It in 20 Minutes they Complain ... Oh Well LOL Dave

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
        It's a long story so I'll try to make is short. It was about a month ago that i received a call from the management company for my parents condominium complex on the gulf of mexico. They asked me to check the toilet in one of the units because the owner (a female urologist) had complained that there was a consistent smell. Now I had spoken to her already a few weeks prior when I was away on vacation and told her to call me and let me know when I could drop in to see if it was the wax seal. Needless I never got the call from her and when I entered her bathroom, the toilet was already pulled by her boy toy and it was just sitting there. So I then proceded to call her, she answered and when I told her the situation, she pretended that she didn't live there. I think that she was afraid of getting charged too much, so she just basically flat out lies to me. I walk out and tell the office what happened. Fast forward a few weeks.....she calls and asks me to fix the tank to bowl gasket....it's leaking. STUPID ME, I accept and go there the next day. I find that one of the three tank to bowl bolt washers is leaking and that her boy toy strip the head of the bolt. So I have to go back to my truck and grab my sawzall...cut it out and replace it. The whole thing took me about 90 minutes, so she was billed $140. She calls me up today complaining that she didn't know it would cost THAT MUCH and that it was my mistake not to call her and tell her that(I explained that at the minimum it would have been an hour charge $85 plus bolt kit. She said she could have bought a toilet for cheaper..I said yeah....and your proficient (haha) handyman would have had to install it.....She then threatens to tell her whole office(more cheap doctors!!!) that I screwed her. It took a lot for me not to blow my stack....but I calmed down and told her to keep her $140 and that the next time she needs a plumber.....call somebody else..... and you'll realize how cheap you had it with me!!!! I'm a man of principle and I don't need this crap!!! I've noticed that doctors think that when they make over $3,000/hr...that's ok....but $85/hr is way too much to pay someone who gets dirty and doesn't have a medical degree!!!! So much for making my story short!!!!ha

I've worked at several major medical centers and it's pretty much universal. Doctors want the world for free and to charge you up the wazoo. And when they leave you in a mess they like to tell you they can't promise their work. Try telling your customers that when you make a mistake. I won't do work for them for any price.

Comment

Working...
        X