X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning

I am a plumber but i still want to find out how to do it faster and better. Besides doing it every day, where do you learn little tricks to do it faster or just new ways of doing it.

Re: learning

Originally posted by PLUMJOE View Post
    I am a plumber but i still want to find out how to do it faster and better. Besides doing it every day, where do you learn little tricks to do it faster or just new ways of doing it.
    Well you are at the right place for those little tips and secrets The Ridgid Forum of course!
    For instance I got a web link off of here that led me to a huge collection of every stem,valve known to modern man. Here it is I forgot who posted it but thanks! I have it on my laptop in my truck it's great!
    http://www.arpny.com/faucetre.html
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Why faster? What's the rush? Better yes, faster, maybe not. Fast leads to sloppy and forgetful.
      sigpic

Comment

well fast learning leads to more problem i think gradually learning and step by step process is quite good for learning.
        T mobile wallpapers PC

Comment

Seeing and knowing what your looking at , is were you do things more efficient & faster..
          It takes Time ..

Comment

the string method.

Vince
            Attached Files

Comment

Haste makes waste... The faster I go the slower I am...

Doing things better is everyone here's goal.
              I recommend taking courses at a local vocational school along with your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                the string method.

Vince
                String? What string do you use for a thick cable. What a pain... My Boss said just put a kink in the end of the cable.

Comment

I'm wondering what you do with the string once you make the turn?

This works for cameras, but for cables?

Comment

If you're involved in new construction, I'd recommend you memorize the sizing tables for sewer, water and gas piping found in your code book. Many other dos and don'ts can be found in your code book as well. Having them in your cranial tool box for easy reference gives you more time for working and less time for head scratching. And, fewer money and time wasting inspection related do overs.

Comment

Monitor your own steps.How many should it take.What should I have up a six foot ladder with me.
                      Stop...Practice thinking about how you can combine/save steps before moving a muscle.
                      It is hard for me to do when I have a bunch of looky lou's standing over my shoulder yappin' in my ear.One of the aspects of service that's a challenge for me now.

In construction I used to like to stand from afar and watch an employee to see how many times he would go up a ladder,in and out of a ditch,to and from the truck.Some were hilarious.I would cruise up and they would be all sweaty,dirty,huffing
                      and puffing from running around cussing like a chicken with it's head cut off.
                      May impress the chicks and homeowners bro,but your on the "B" list

Comment

Working...
                      X