X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimates

when i dont hear back from a customer after doing an estimate it gets my mind racing. Did i charge to much. was it me , my appearance. and a million other things. Ive been thinking of calling people back after a month just to touch base and see if they went with another company or if they are just waiting. I dont want to seem desperate but i think it would be a good way to learn. Ive talked to other guys in other trades that do this. what do you guys do or think?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: Estimates

I will always call back about a week later to see where I stand on a bid or estimate. Always tell them thanks for giving me a chance to bid and call back any time. Have gotten calls to finish several jobs that the low bidder could not finish for one reason or another. Also lets you kind of know where you stand on our pricing if they will tell you that part.

G3

Comment

A follow up call never hurts. I am lazy on these, but I think its a good habit to get into. I always assume they got someone cheaper, but often when I call to check, they are just stalling the project. Sometimes the followup call can spur them to make a decision...at least you'll know where you stand.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I just don't care...it was a phone estimate anyway.

Nobody's special in my book so if they use me fine, if not, no love lost here; phone is always ringing.

I'm trying to force a day off and first call was an emergency, brad nail finally rusted after being shot through a copper 90 6 months ago.

2 CLAMS WHA-BAM!

Years ago when I first went into business, I gave a lot of estimates. Only got less than 3% of those estimates and guess what? They'll never call you again, ever.

You're better off to say "I'm busy" when someone wants an estimate, that way they might call you again in the future.
        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-03-2009, 03:51 PM.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Absolutely,
          Even if it is to find out how low the slumlord made his handyplumber do it for with his non citizen techs

Comment

I'm with dunbar , I'll give writen estaments and quotes over the phone , but if they don't call back i don't care , i move on to the regular customers that call all the time , that been said , I will give customers a price before I start any job , or a ballpark , so we don't have sticker shock when I give them the invoice

Comment

I hound them like a career telemarketer until they blow me off or sign the contract. Most that sign had planned to go with someone else but I just wore them down. Others say they liked the attention they got from me.

Comment

Wait a minute,
                I thought the OP was asking about a project that takes time to sit down and take a few hours or days to put together.

No I'm not going to call someone back on a simple task that's only worth a few bucks whose number I can fire off before they even finish asking.I know where my prices are at.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Wait a minute,
                  I thought the OP was asking about a project that takes time to sit down and take a few hours or days to put together.

No I'm not going to call someone back on a simple task that's only worth a few bucks whose number I can fire off before they even finish asking.I know where my prices are at.
                  yeah im talking real estimates. repipes, remodels, sewer line replacements.
                  Mike
                  Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                  www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Working...
                  X