• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drtys not alone...

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
    He's sooooo not alone!

I like holes too!
    Now I know where we stand Jake.

You let me hang when the pounding is going down.
    But when the coast is clear.....OOOH,OOOH....Me TOOO.

Comment

Help me out here, if I was going to dig a hole that deep to install a backwater valve, I would probably install a clean out down stream just in case it was needed at a later date.

Comment

I don't want to be a party pooper, but what about trench shoring?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          J.C.
          When we install a backwater out here we need(code) to provide some type of access to the flapper,for obvious reasons.The current method I'm using on the popular brand out here is an 8" SDR drop tube and a "cap key" made out of a piece of four inch and coupling with cross notches cut in it.

Can a guy readily access the flapper on the Clearwater?
          http://www.cleancheck.net/menu.htm

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
            Help me out here, if I was going to dig a hole that deep to install a backwater valve, I would probably install a clean out down stream just in case it was needed at a later date.
            Not a bad idea. Installed what the customer asked for here. There is a C.O. upstream in the basement.

In the right place for McRooter to do there destruction to my valve of course.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Not a bad idea. Installed what the customer asked for here. There is a C.O. upstream in the basement.

In the right place for McRooter to do there destruction to my valve of course.

J.C.
              Is there an industry accepted way to let people know that there is a back water valve in the line and how far from the clean out it is.

Like a tag on the clean out cover.

Comment

Honestly don't know Easy. Been looking at having some stickers made though to maybe put on C.O.'s.

Thinking about it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Now I know where we stand Jake.

You let me hang when the pounding is going down.
                  But when the coast is clear.....OOOH,OOOH....Me TOOO.

Wait!

Did I miss something?

I was wondering what this was all about. I just assumed that we were discussing working down in a hole. I thought The conversation got a little weird.

Apparently I need to know what this is all about.

I am sorry if I offended you Adam.
                  www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                    Wait!

Did I miss something?

I was wondering what this was all about. I just assumed that we were discussing working down in a hole. I thought The conversation got a little weird.

Apparently I need to know what this is all about.

I am sorry if I offended you Adam.

Gotcha!!!

We're friends Jake.And as such you should know to not to take what I say too seriously.

Now I'm going to go back and read what your refering to.

Adam

Comment

AWW Man,No drama?
                      This forum's getting all watered down.

Comment

I pray to god everyday when i get up before i go onto a site that all my guys get home safe. I have been lucky so far and my crews are always very careful but accidents do happen and we always check the shoring before we let someone go into a deep excavation. OSHA will fine you but the earth will kill you! Be careful guys please. Use your head before entering any excavation, if you are unsure dig it back or shore it up something i dont want to hear about a friend dying in this horrible horrible way.

Comment

I like Dunbars vid (next to last one) Trench safety- how not to.

The guy with the camera says to the Foreman "personally, I'm glad that guy(inspector) came and said that cause now you can't get $hit for doing your job".
                          It pretty much sums up what goes on with a lot of Co's. If the pipe crew is not getting 300'-600' of pipe in the ground daily, then they get bitched at by higher ups. So whats a quick and easy thing to do to speed up production? Skip the use of trench boxes and Man Hole boxes.

The higher ups will preach safety, safety, safety, but as soon as safety gets in the way of production they turn a blind eye.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            I like Dunbars vid (next to last one) Trench safety- how not to.

The guy with the camera says to the Foreman "personally, I'm glad that guy(inspector) came and said that cause now you can't get $hit for doing your job".
                            It pretty much sums up what goes on with a lot of Co's. If the pipe crew is not getting 300'-600' of pipe in the ground daily, then they get bitched at by higher ups. So whats a quick and easy thing to do to speed up production? Skip the use of trench boxes and Man Hole boxes.

The higher ups will preach safety, safety, safety, but as soon as safety gets in the way of production they turn a blind eye.
                            It was like that at a company that I used to work for. Safety preached in the shop. And boy would get raked over the coals if you put a compensation claim in, but in the field, push to get the job done.
                            For some reason the Inspectors always showed up just as my crew was setting up. The Manager couldn't believe how the Inspector always seemed to track us down. We were never written up, just constant warnings so that we always had to follow all of the safety rules. We always lost money on his jobs because he never did budget for it, I did add for a safety budget. He never did find out that I had the inspectors cell number in my speed dial.

Mick

Comment

Why are you guys bragging about your own carelessness? I hope you guys start using shoring as a habit before you end up dead. Oh well, its your life to gamble with. God knows I've done some dumb things in my day.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X