Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleetus and Jethrow Plumbing INC.

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
    The problem with plumbing is it works even when installed like crap. for this reason the hacks get away with doing liket his.

It didn't work all that well in this case.
    I don't think that there is anything wrong with plumbing. I think that the real problem is with people that Think that they know what they are doing coupled with the people that are trying to cheap out by thinking that they are getting a deal at $35/hr. How does that saying go? Pay me now, or pay me later. How about, pay a licensed plumber to make it right so that you don't flood your neighbours in the first place.

[quote=westcoastplumber;215425]It is no use in saying, "we are doing our best." You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary[/quote]
    Cool Quote!

Mick
    Last edited by Fireguy97; 03-12-2009, 03:44 PM. Reason: Add More

Comment

I must admit I had a difficult time maintaining my composure, I wanted to bust a gut.

The owner decided that a pair of washers was the way to go as the cost of busting into the slab was to much.
      sigpic
      www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Great thread, thanks for posting U&I. This is a perfect example of "You get what you pay for!" Don't cheap out, seek out quality and pay for quality. I do.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Amen to that, you will always get what you pay for, low cost = low quality.
          sigpic
          www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
            Amen to that, you will always get what you pay for, low cost = low quality.
            What annoys me is the people that get 10 quotes on a job and go with the low-baller automatically without even asking any questions about licensing, permits, quality or guarantee!? They just assume every one will do the same exact job, so the low-baller is the best value.....how wrong they are.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I have a 14" hilti gas concrete saw, 1 Bosh 60 lb,and 2 makita elec. Jack hammers.
              We cut into concrete all the time! What's the big deal?
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not sure I understand your post, the only big deal is the cost to do the work, I don't work for $35hr
                sigpic
                www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  I have a 14" hilti gas concrete saw, 1 Bosh 60 lb,and 2 makita elec. Jack hammers.
                  We cut into concrete all the time! What's the big deal?
                  Is A.B.S. ALLOWED in A COMMERICAL BLDNG.IN YOUR HOOD ??
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Light commercial, this is multi unit housing, apartments.
                    sigpic
                    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

it's work like this that just goes to show that the current system isn't working.

there is no "accountability" for one's actions or lack there-of.

again i say; "no professional plumber worth his salt would have left the customer(no matter who did it) in this predicament".

if it had been tested and verified by the owner/manager, and the installer (which is what i would have done), it would have been overflowing with hackism() from the word go.

Vince

something's gotta change!

Comment

Would not touch this job without money up front.

Lately I've been rejecting any calls when I hear "Well the last guy who did the work ---'

There's plenty of work out there, not going to play saviour anymore. Those same victims are F'n idiots to begin with, I don't care about them.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Wow

It doesnt look like the work of a 35.00 per hr hack....It looks like the work of a 10.00 per hr hack.

The sad thing is its only one example of whats happening all over the place and often its more serious issues involved.Ever seen a h2o softener discharge line stuffed in a floor drain or even worse 16" of that discharge line shoved into a sewage pit? I see it all the time and have fixed them free in some cases because people are too stupid and or cheap to want it installed properly.

Comment

Went and had one more discussion with the owner today about dealing with licensed contractors and such, think he has seen the light. Oh and picked up my check.
                            sigpic
                            www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
                              Went and had one more discussion with the owner today about dealing with licensed contractors and such, think he has seen the light. Oh and picked up my check.
                              So do we get to cut you to pieces on the photos of the final product.

I have no life....I need those photos.

Comment

Originally posted by slink View Post
                                Wow

It doesnt look like the work of a 35.00 per hr hack....It looks like the work of a 10.00 per hr hack.

The sad thing is its only one example of whats happening all over the place and often its more serious issues involved.Ever seen a h2o softener discharge line stuffed in a floor drain or even worse 16" of that discharge line shoved into a sewage pit? I see it all the time and have fixed them free in some cases because people are too stupid and or cheap to want it installed properly.

I get sick just opening up a clean out to see the softener drain hanging in the line.

You care about water quality enough to get a softener but then potentially cross contaminate with... well you know!

Comment

Working...
                                X