X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tripod Vice 425

Hi there, any room for an electrician here?
    We do some rigid conduit work from time to time.
    We have been using Ridgid threading equipment for years.

I have been looking on the Ridgid web site and found the 425 tripod chain vice.

The problem is that all of the plumbing and electrical distributors that I have called never heard of this vice.

Is this a brand new product?
    What is the MSRP or cost that I should be able to but it for?
    And where can I get it? It looks perfect for an electrician to use for EMT and strut work.

Hi, Sparkys are welcome here of course.

Can't speak for Ridgid but after looking over the web page about the 425 stand it looks like a nice, easily portable design that should serve most applications. I have used the standard #460 and earlier versions and always been glad to have the shelf and the extra work surface up top. The #460 can work pipe up to 6", older models of this design could only handle 4" if I remember correctly.

The 425 is lighter and folds up to a compact package, should be great for moving around and packing in the back of the truck at the end of the day. Sprinkler fitters on jobs I worked in the past used a Ridgid vise similar to the #425, you might ask them what the think of the design of this new model and where to get one.

As to cost, I found one of the on-line suppliers ( www.heavydutystore.com ) lists the #425 at $280.72, and the #460 at $369.60, not a bad price but of course there is shipping to factor in. Anyway this should give you something to gauge local suppliers prices by. Any supply house that carries Ridgid pipe tools should be able to get this for you w/o any trouble I would think.

Comment

SAW THE VICE SATURDAY AT OUR PHCC TRADE SHOW. IT IS SMALL AND LIGHT. DOESN'T HAVE A SHELF OR WORK TOP TO PUT ANYTHING ON. IT'S JUST A VICE. HAS NO BENDING SHOES ON IT LIKE THE LARGER ONES.
      IF YOU NEED SMALL AND LIGHT THIS IS THE ONE. FOR ME AS A PLUMBER, I'LL STICK WITH THE 2 LARGER MODELS I OWN.

Comment

Working...
      X